Clutch cable help

bigmoose

Established Member
I purchased a new ford clutch cable and tried replacing it today and ran into a few snags. My old cable was an adjustable one. After removing the old one I ran into a compatibility issue at the firewall.

1. can anyone identify this firewall adjuster?
IMG_20170219_152049867.jpg

2. As you can see from the ford cable(black) and the adjustable, the piece that goes into the adjuster is a different size. The ford one has a rubber bushing that i could remove and make fit, but it will have some slop in the adjuster. I cut off the factory cable piece that screws into the firewall.
IMG_20170219_152101551.jpg

3. Can anyone identify this clutch? Previous owner had it put in a while ago.
IMG_20170219_144528953.jpg

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like a UPR cable adjuster and possibly and Centerforce Clutch. I have a Ford OEM cable in my terminator with a Fiore firewall adjuster and it seems pretty tight. Maybe look into a different adjuster.

bigmoose

Established Member
I was thinking centerforce myself due to the orange paint.

I was looking at the steeda adjuster and their instructions have a bronze adapter bushing. I'm wondering if thats what i'm missing. I don't mind just getting a new adjuster. I already have a quadrant, aluminum, single hook.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I was thinking centerforce myself due to the orange paint.

I was looking at the steeda adjuster and their instructions have a bronze adapter bushing. I'm wondering if thats what i'm missing. I don't mind just getting a new adjuster. I already have a quadrant, aluminum, single hook.
Yeah that would be a good option. My adjuster has a rubber bushings that holds my cable in place

bigmoose

Established Member
I ordered the Ford racing(steeda) adjuster. The color will look better in my engine bay. I'll see how it works next week.

bigmoose

Established Member
Following up. Got the Ford racing adjuster installed and it looks great. The brass spacer fits perfectly over the stock cable. The stock cable is so much better feeling than the crappy adjustable I had on there.

Users who are viewing this thread