clutch adjustment

tigerwoods

Established Member
i just installed the upr firewall adjuster. the clutch engages right next to the brake pedal. so it has about a inch and a half play in it. but in the engine compartment the firewall adjuster face and the clutch face DO NOT sit fluch against each other. is this normal or did i do something wrong? everything works and i am a little less afraid of messing up my car now. thanks to all the people that posted how to's on the triax, firewall adjuster and the quadrant.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Dunno how much play you should have with the UPR...
Ford Racing stipulates 1/4" of play with the FRPP cable & linkage kit...

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
I just installed the Steeda firewall adjuster (which I highly DO NOT recommend) and I just adjusted mine until the pedal was tight. The adjuster is screwed out quite a bit to accomplish this.

predator

Established Member
Do you mean clutch cable face? Before you feed the clutch cable through the firewall adjuster you need to insure that you take the rubber grommet off the end of the cable. The big white plastic ring on the cable will then fit flush on the firewall adjuster screw as you feed the wire to your quadrant on the clutch pedal. Hope this makes sense. I had the three hook and ended up on hook two....with the adjuster screw quite a bit out to get the adjustment I wanted.

tigerwoods

Established Member
i took the rubber thing off before i installed it. the cable is curved up and the face meets the adjuster at a weird angle. i will adjust the pedal so it is a little tighter. and i am on the middle hook.

Users who are viewing this thread