Clutch Adjustment Help

03snkvert

Established Member
I put a spec 3+ in a few years ago, I dont put a whole lot of miles on my car and clutch still feels good. When I first did the clutch I also did the clutch pedal lowering that Largeorangefont posted. I bought the Steeda quick release quadrant, m&m pedal lowering kit, billrtflow adjuster and the LDC free play mod. I ended up taking off th LDC and Pedal lowering kit because at the time I couldn't get the TOB to stay off the finger.... Or when it did, I couldnt get the car in reverse. This was also when it was suggested to not have TOB spinningng all the time!

Fast forward to today, I thought I would give this another try. I put the pedal lowering kit back in, but with the adjuster all the way in, I cant get the TOB to come off of the fingers so I can adjust to light pressure.

I start the car, and can shift into all gears, but worried about premature TOB wear.

Can anyone help, I'm at my wits end!

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
the tob is designed to have a constant, slight pressure on the pp fingers (always spinning)... so drive it and enjoy with no worries!

03snkvert

Established Member
the tob is designed to have a constant, slight pressure on the pp fingers (always spinning)... so drive it and enjoy with no worries!
Yeah, I knew that now it is said to have the slight pressure on the PP Fingers, I was just trying to get it to back off far enough to stop, so I knew how much pressure was on them.

I think I am just going to get the inspection cover back on it, get it down on the ground and drive it, and adjust the pedal feel once it has warmed up.

Thanks for the input! I read a bunch of posts, but couldn't get a real good answer.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
you bet! over the years there's been two schools of thought on this where lots of guys say there should be a slight gap. but based on my experience and looking at how the factory quadrant is designed, i believe it should always be spinning with just a slight amount of pressure

MG0h3

Established Member
I set mine so that while running, I can use one or two fingers to apply enough pressure to the fork to move the TOB back enough that it will stop spinning.

Let go, fork moves back enough that TOB is spinning.

I check it during oil changes.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Ive been sticking with the guidance from promotion powertrain - when theres about the thickness of a dime worht of slack between the cable and the adjuster, thats where it needs to be. They have a video on it

Users who are viewing this thread