Clouded streaks on wind shield

TXRDRNR

Never follow.
Established Member
I have clouded streaks on my wind shield they are on the inside of the car and I can not get rid of them. I have no ideal what they are and have used many products to try to "clean" these off. It came from the dealer this way and I really do not want to take it back to them for this. Any detailers out there have any thoughts on getting rid of these streaks. They seem to be wipe marks of some sort and are visible when the light hits them. :shrug:

qball

Established Member
Even when you try to clean them, they don't go away? I had a similar issue, I used Stoners Invisiglass and newpaper, worked like a charm. It seems that the clouding was caused by agents in the paper towels I was using, and/or the cleaner. The above combination works great though.

TXRDRNR

Never follow.
Established Member
Yes, when I try to clean them they do not go away. They are horizontal streaks coming from the frame, mostly on the passenger side. Like adhesive or something, just not sure what it is, but it will not come off easy. I'll try Stoners Invisiglass see if it works..thanks

merfsiu

Established Member
I have the same thing going on with my mach. They are really hard to see in sunlight but stand out under florescents. I think it is caused by a problem when the layerd the windsheild together as they are in between the layers of the glass. I am going to take it in and get the windsheild replaced under warranty.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
merfsiu said:
I have the same thing going on with my mach. They are really hard to see in sunlight but stand out under florescents. I think it is caused by a problem when the layerd the windsheild together as they are in between the layers of the glass. I am going to take it in and get the windsheild replaced under warranty.

I have the same thing you have. I will probably have it replaced when the warranty is about up.

merfsiu

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
I have the same thing you have. I will probably have it replaced when the warranty is about up.
Do you have a 04? I wonder if all of our build dates are close and it was due to a bad batch.

TXRDRNR

Never follow.
Established Member
Mine's an 04, build date 3/15/04 I've managed to get rid of most of the streaks using fingernail polish remover and stoners!

TXRDRNR

Never follow.
Established Member
merfsiu said:
inside or outside? my build date is 4/21.
They are inside the wind shield close the frame, they looked like someone wiped something off but not all of it came off. Kind of looks like dried up milk. But I'm close to getting it all off I think. Thanks everyone for the help! :beer:

U1arunit

10 Second Club
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
My build date id Feb. 10th
My build date is Feb 10th also! I have the streaks in the same place also. I think they are from a pre-delivery sticker in that area or something.
:shrug:

Black'03GT

Established Member
I have cloudy streaks on the windows too. It seems like it is between the layers of glass and I can't get them out. It really annoys me in direct sunlight. Build Date Feb 13th, 2004

Users who are viewing this thread