Close dragstrips to Pensacola?

Non_Sequitor

Established Member
I don't know if it's still open, but there is an 1/8th mile track just before you get to Crestview called Emerald Coast Dragway. It's a Mom & Pop track, but I had a blast running up there when I lived down in Ft. Walton Beach.

NothingLess

NothingLess
Established Member
Holt aka emarald is closed.

Closest tracks are
mobile
Gulfport
Montgomery

One eigth of a mile is being built in atmore

ToMorrow44

Established Member
I'm in Milton and I've been going to Mobile until Atmore opens up. I'll be doing most of my racing at Atmore with the exception of some special events.

Termn8ur

Established Member
Here's a link to some recent pics of the "new" Atmore Dragway... DragCoverage.com Speed Forums - View Single Post - Atmore Dragway under construction
You can scroll through the (long) thread and there are numerous pics. Looks like Mr. Gary and the Poarch Creek Indians are doing it up right!

I think they're looking to open in the next few weeks, weather permitting. Everytime there's been a "shoot for date", it's been hindered by excessive rain.

From what I gather, once Atmore opens, it will have a Saturday bracket program-Sunday T&T and Mobile will continue Friday T&T. Mr. Gary will be running both.

UARPREY

Established Member
Next time I'm down visiting my parents in OBA, gonna have to check out this new Atmore track. Maybe we can organize something and get a group to go.

NATTYLIGHTSS

Established Member
Atmore Dragway is holding it's first test and tunes this weekend on both Saturday and Sunday! Gates open at 2pm and racing starts at 4pm both days. It's $15 to race and $10 to watch.

Termn8ur

Established Member
I was there spectating that Saturday. It's really nice and the guys I spoke with said it was hooking real well for them also. There are more upgrades in the works right now(new concession on the south side of the track, redo the bathrooms on the south side, grass has been planted, etc.) but it's already a nice facility. Hope to take the Cobra eventually and make a few passes.

Users who are viewing this thread