ENV²

Established Member
Guy is making a lot more money than he really shows lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
The amount of money some of these people are making from YouTube blows my mind.

I believe he had money before Youtube. He was also going to law school for a while but i assume from his latest gig that he might have dropped out?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is great!! They have great plans to resurrect that track and make it even better than it was. First event later this year. You Florida folks could have some fun there. ;)

08mojo

Established Member
Think he was also with 1320video back in the day.
He was responsible for all of 1320s social media. I'm not sure if he had a bunch of money before his YouTube success, but he seems to be doing really well at this point. I would bet he makes more money off t-shirt sales than anything else.

I am pretty sure he mentioned that he completed his degree in college.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
saw he had bought a track but didnt realize it was in FL, might be worth going to check out the shenanigans some time

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Who is Cleetus?

Is he someone purely famous from YT?

His real name is Garrett Mitchell. Cleetus McFarland is a "character" he goes into when he's joking around. Apparently it was an off the cuff joke at a Walmart where he just started talking like a hillbilly while one of the 1320video guys introduced him as "Cleetus McFarland."

He gained popularity when he bought a salvage C5, named it Leroy (after the original owner whose name is on small plaque on the door sill of the car), pulled off all the body panels, and made a video series of the quest to make it the first stick shift GM car in the 7s. Now they have multiple cars/projects on the channel and do events called "Cleetus and Cars" in Bradenton, FL and Houston which have burnout contests, demolition drag racing, and other exhibitions.

I saw him make a pass in Leroy while standing about 3/4 of the way down the track and that thing is straight up violent.

Here's the original Cleetus McFarland video as far as I know:

Users who are viewing this thread