Clearance issues with upr kmember

termcobra281

Established Member
I just recently bought a upr kmember for my 03 cobra and I am in the process of putting the rack and pinion in and I ran into a problem of the lines on the rack hitting the stock oil cooler bracket I am running the MM oil relocation kit I got it set up and then I went to put the rack in and it's not fitting because of those lines??? Has anyone ran into this problem? If so how did you fix it? Seems if I unbolt the oil/filter cooler it would clear... looks like it needs about .5 of a inch.. thanks for any help

03' White Snake

Established Member
Did you use the offset rack bushings?

I installed the rear 2 bushing onto the k member, removed the plastic line holders so the lines rotate more easily, a little persuasion with a rubber mallot on the rack and it went on pretty easy. Then installed the front bushings and done.

termcobra281

Established Member
No I am using the standard bushings that came with the kmember, I can order a set of offset and try mounting the rack with the bushings, thanks for the info that may work

termcobra281

Established Member
Update on the kmember .. I tried doing the trick of removing bushings and so forth and no luck still needs a 1/2 inch. I end up removing the stock oil cooler since it was hitting the body of it and I will just end up using the mmr piece. What sucks is I just installed the MM relocation kit so that was 330 bucks down the drain blahhhh

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
That sucks to hear. Did you happen to take any pictures? I’m not visualizing exactly what you’re saying. But glad you got it together.

termcobra281

Established Member
No I didn't take any, but when you went to put the rack on the power steering lines was touching the bottom of the body of the oil cooler. I think upr should had made the hoop on the kmember a inch down to clear everything

Users who are viewing this thread