cleaning the suade in 03-04 COBRA

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Woolite for Darks in a spray bottle and a damp washcloth.

Mist on solution and start blotting/rinsing until clean.

Allow air dry.

gt03mustang

Detailer
Established Member
Dont use Woolite on suede, the detergent will just sit in the fibers as it would with carpet unless you extract it. As a result, the fibers will just become sticky and attract more dirt. Woolite also has brighteners in it.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I've never had the Woolite do that on any of the Alcantra.

I dilute it into a spray bottle. I vacuum the seats; mist it on and blot it out repeatedly with a damp washcloth (spray on; blot with damp cloth/agitate; rinse rag; re-blot repeatedly until the seat is clean and free of soap/detergent; then rub down with dry towel and let air dry).

Works for me; I prefer Woolite for Darks, makes me feel good if nothing else and I've not heard of anyone else having issues doing it this way.

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
Dont use Woolite on suede, the detergent will just sit in the fibers as it would with carpet unless you extract it. As a result, the fibers will just become sticky and attract more dirt. Woolite also has brighteners in it.

Woolite is the known best cleaner for the alcantra, I have been using since I got my cobra and it seems to do the trick. :)

sonicblu03

Established Member
I use woolite dilluted as well with warm water. Never had any issues. Just don't soak the seat and you should be fine.

gt03mustang

Detailer
Established Member
Last edited:

hoofbeat

Established Member
:beer:I,ve used a 7/1 water to Woolite mix on my Cobra since new June of 2002 and seats look like new. Spray the seats lightly with the mix,wipe the seats with a damp cotton towel until clean. Then use a dry towel to wipe dry to finish the cleaning. Then vacuum.

Juztang

Obsessive Detail
Established Member
Another vote for Woolite. You can also just use a damp microfiber. You don't want to get the fabric too wet, if so, it can lose its softness and get stiff feeling.

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
I am a freak about never letting it get dirty in the first place. A while back I had an issue with a spot of blood on the passenger seat. I thought it was toast. I had planned on replacing that section of material or purchasing the bottom cover. I tried everything and as a last resort used Resolve Carpet Spot Cleaner. To my amazement it took it completely out and left the material looking and feeling the same as the surrounding panels.

Users who are viewing this thread