Cleaned my IRMCs(pics inside) and engine light came on....

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
Cleaned my IMRCs(pics inside) and engine light came on....

so, on Sat i gave in and decided to take the engine apart and clean the imrc ports. i had just done the seafoam thing a little while back (less than a week) but the ports and intake were still nasty.
i did not take a many pics because i was just getting tire of changing gloves but you get the idea.
before.
100_1092.gif

100_1093.gif

100_1094.gif

i failed to take pics of the imrcs .. sorry but they were filthy also.
During/after
100_1098.gif

100_1097.gif

100_1099.gif

so, after i was done i went to the track. and got a 13.75@101mph. my previous best was 14.1@99. car is stock with over 110k miles.
on the way to the track i noticed that the idle was a bit high(1200) but ignored it.
anyhow, finished racing, came home.. posted my times. went out for ride and my engine light was on. so straight i went to get someone to read the codes.
p1506 -idle air control 1ac over speed error.
p1270- engine rpm speed limit.
p1519- IMRC runner ctr stuck closed.

what do u guys think? I know the connections to the runner are ok. i checked them several times before putting it back together.
could my manifold runner controller have taken a crap?
what about the first too codes? code a vacuum leak cause this? or maybe the carb cleaner messed up the unit?
Thanks.

Last edited:

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
my guess is bad controller. and your iac is bad. and you hit the rev limiter at the track im afraid. thats all 1270 means.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
this is weird.. i was feeling the runner cables nd they both opened everytime i would reve the engine pass 3k.
Why is it showing that the thing is stuck closed if they are opening fine?
thanks

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
i've cleared the code twice and Nada.. one by disconecting the battery and one by going to jiffy lube and having them clear it.. they didn't charge me which was great... the codes keep coming back. only two codes though.. the iddle and the module one.
what should i do? don't really wanna pay 200 bucks for a new module.

Venomous281

Texas Bandit
Established Member
you should have just pulled them off. the first time i rebuilt my motor i had one of my dads student do it, and he did an amazing job. But it wouldnt pull hard past 4500 so i took off my intake so i could replace my injectors with 30lbers. I found out they never hooked up my imrcs so the were stuck closed. I took them off and left the 24lbers on and it pulled like crazy. but it felt like it wasnt getting enough fuel past 5k so i replaced the injectors and man it felt wicked.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
venomous99 said:
welcome to the sn95 cobra forum jersey.
alex

thanks alex.
I guess i'll be buying a new module and iddle air control unit. i just want the light off and a steady iddle.
After that.. gears and that's it. :rockon:
should be good enough for low 13s.

but yeah.. whoever finds this post on a search or something, DO NOT be deter from cleaning your imrcs. i did the seafoam thing a week before and it was still filthy.
guess the pics speak for themselves. :rockon:

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
what about the module? i mean.. the code its still coming back but i can stick my hand in there and feel the imrc opening at around 3k..?
don't know what to do.

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
jmir018 said:
i've cleared the code twice and Nada.. one by disconecting the battery and one by going to jiffy lube and having them clear it.. they didn't charge me which was great... the codes keep coming back. only two codes though.. the iddle and the module one.
what should i do? don't really wanna pay 200 bucks for a new module.

FORDSVTPARTS on here can get you the controller for real cheap brand new. I had replaced mine but bought it from the dealer for $150 with my club discount. FORDSVTPARTS has it slightly cheaper i think. Def. need a new IAC. I just replaced mine as well. I wanted a new one instead of cleaning it.

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
jmir018 said:
what about the module? i mean.. the code its still coming back but i can stick my hand in there and feel the imrc opening at around 3k..?
don't know what to do.

Strange. Never heard of that before. Possibly a voltage problem? IDK. At least you had a light. Mine were stuck closed for a year and had no idea why my car was slow. I never had a SES light at all. Hope you find out wht the problem is.

Users who are viewing this thread