Cleaned my Alcantara Terminator seats

Hef

Established Member
Finally dove into this, I was a little nervous to do it at first but I figured I'd post what I did and how it turned out in case anyone is looking to do.
What I did based off of hearing others try (not saying this is the right way) but this did work, was I LIGHTLY hit the seats with 800 grit followed by 1000 grit, this was to remove the nappy balls or fuzzies. I then took warm water with a dollup of Woolite in a spray bottle and sprayed the seat. I swayed more to the side of less Woolite to be safe as to I didnt really want it to "suds" up. I worked it into the seat gently with a microfiber towel and let that sit long enough to get a bucket of cool water. I then took another clean microfiber towel damp with clean cool bucket water and gently wiped the seats in a circular motion, rinsing the towel often. Finally to finish, I took my shop vac and tried to vacuum out any residual moisture, and then let air dry.
I know there is care instructions on the Alcantara site, I did this cuz others had great results, as did I. I dont have any good pics that show how good it turned out because I have a Redfire with the tan inserts.....unfortunately that often look dirty naturally.

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Glad your cleaning process worked well for you.

Read this ALCANTARA CLEANING INFO from my Terminator FAQs. Similar to what you did but is easier on the Alcantara because you're using a finer grit sandpaper after the initial "shaving".

Users who are viewing this thread