CLEAN white 86GT supercharged 351, 5spd w/ cold AC

mysticcoupe

Established Member
Car is no longer for sale. Ill be keeping the car and having it repainted silver! Thanks

Figured i would post some pics of the "dirty seats" and the bad paint. I was told the car had factory paint other then the hood (after market) and hatch.

103_4073.jpg

103_4072.jpg

103_4070.jpg

103_4069.jpg

103_4068.jpg

103_4074.jpg

103_4075.jpg

103_4082.jpg

Last edited:

sidewayscoupe

Established Member
Wow that is NICE, where are you located?

Hate to do this. But got a wrecked 03 cobra and looking to do a foxswap. This is one of the cleanest 86 cars you will find. The car has never been to the track or on slicks. Its a Nice car you can drive anywhere with the AC blowing. If you have any questions or need more pics, just let me know. Thanks

1986 Mustang GT
Oxford White
358w
Speed-Pro pistons
eagle rods
Vortech S-Trim (8psi)
Alternative Auto modified bracket for 351W
Edelbrock RPM Heads (professionally ported)
TrickFlow R Intake (ported)
CompCams XE274-HR with CompCams valve springs
Crane Retro-fit link bar roller lifters
1:6 R/R
Arp rod bolts
Arp head studs
Windage Tray
FMS Tall valve covers
UPR Power Pipe
UPR smog pump eliminator
Brass 3 core radiator
MSD 6AL
MSD BTM
MSD tach adapter
Autometer boost guage
Aeromotive adjustible FPR
FMS 42lb injectors
Aeromotive Fuel rails
Braided fuel lines underhood
C&L 76mm meter with K&N cone
70mm Throttle Body
Mass-Air conversion
Stock A9L custom tune with flip chip (SCT)
Walbro GSS340 in-tank pump
T5Z (I bought new from Summit. Never on slicks or powershifted)
BBK 1 3/4 Long tube headers
BBK O/R H-Pipe
DynoMax Ultra-Flow Stainless Mufflers and 2 1/2 Tails
Zeitronix Wide-Band with Display (setup to log:AFR,RPM,TPS and Mass-Air voltage via laptop)
15x5 and 15x8 Welds
Drive shaft safety loop
Welded subframe connectors
90/10 struts with 4cyl springs in front
New Gabrial shocks in back
FMS 3:73 gears
Cervenis 2 1/2 Cowl Hood w/ painted GT factory style decal
Car was dynoed two months ago on 8lb. and made ~523.9 RWHP/~535.7 RWTQ with conservative tune (street tune) Flip chip.
Car should make close to 600HP on 14lb of boost,Car runs and drives great. Can drive it anywhere. The complete AC system is brandnew. Everything has less then 3k miles. Never been to the track.
sure im leaving out a few things but you get the idea,
If you have any more questions just let me know. Thanks
$9800

103_4042-1.jpg

103_4043-1.jpg

103_4044-1.jpg

103_4045-1.jpg

103_4040-1.jpg

103_4046-1.jpg

103_4047.jpg

103_4048-1.jpg

103_4051-1.jpg

103_4053.jpg

103_4056.jpg

103_4060-1.jpg

Last edited:

91 trunk

Established Member
Hate to do this. But got a wrecked 03 cobra and looking to do a foxswap. This is one of the cleanest 86 cars you will find. The car has never been to the track or on slicks. Its a Nice car you can drive anywhere with the AC blowing. If you have any questions or need more pics, just let me know. Thanks

1986 Mustang GT
Oxford White
358w
Speed-Pro pistons
eagle rods
Vortech S-Trim (8psi)
Alternative Auto modified bracket for 351W
Edelbrock RPM Heads (professionally ported)
TrickFlow R Intake (ported)
CompCams XE274-HR with CompCams valve springs
Crane Retro-fit link bar roller lifters
1:6 R/R
Arp rod bolts
Arp head studs
Windage Tray
FMS Tall valve covers
UPR Power Pipe
UPR smog pump eliminator
Brass 3 core radiator
MSD 6AL
MSD BTM
MSD tach adapter
Autometer boost guage
Aeromotive adjustible FPR
FMS 42lb injectors
Aeromotive Fuel rails
Braided fuel lines underhood
C&L 76mm meter with K&N cone
70mm Throttle Body
Mass-Air conversion
Stock A9L custom tune with flip chip (SCT)
Walbro GSS340 in-tank pump
T5Z (I bought new from Summit. Never on slicks or powershifted)
BBK 1 3/4 Long tube headers
BBK O/R H-Pipe
DynoMax Ultra-Flow Stainless Mufflers and 2 1/2 Tails
Zeitronix Wide-Band with Display (setup to log:AFR,RPM,TPS and Mass-Air voltage via laptop)
15x5 and 15x8 Welds
Drive shaft safety loop
Welded subframe connectors
90/10 struts with 4cyl springs in front
New Gabrial shocks in back
FMS 3:73 gears
Cervenis 2 1/2 Cowl Hood w/ painted GT factory style decal
Car was dynoed two months ago on 8lb. and made ~523.9 RWHP/~535.7 RWTQ with conservative tune (street tune) Flip chip.
Car should make close to 600HP on 14lb of boost,Car runs and drives great. Can drive it anywhere. The complete AC system is brandnew. Everything has less then 3k miles. Never been to the track.
sure im leaving out a few things but you get the idea,
If you have any more questions just let me know. Thanks
$9800

103_4042-1.jpg

103_4043-1.jpg

103_4044-1.jpg

103_4045-1.jpg

103_4040-1.jpg

103_4046-1.jpg

103_4047.jpg

103_4048-1.jpg

103_4051-1.jpg

103_4053.jpg

103_4056.jpg

103_4060-1.jpg

Let me start by saying I normally would never do this, but I feel the need to warn other people that might be interested in this car about the REAL condition.

I've been looking for a clean White '86 GT off and on for a long time. It was my first Fox-body, my baby and got me started in this hobby. I was forced to sell it back in the day and have regretted it since. All of my buddies, family and hell my co-workers know to be on the look out for a "clean" '86.

Last week my buddy Dan "sidewayscoupe" here found this ad. I contacted the OP about car. We spoke about the car. I asked him the general questions, got the VIN for a Car Fax. The Car Fax rated the car a 36 of a possible 37. The OP told me the car's hatch had been painted, but the rest (other than the cowl hood) was original paint. I told the OP I would like some pictures of the door bottoms, floor pan which he provided. The pictures looked fine just like the rest of the pictures in the ad. This made me want the car 100%, a "clean" southern '86 GT in White like my first car? I was a buyer!!!

During the next couple days I was going to cash in an investment fund, so I told the OP I'd send him a deposit of $200 to old the car. That was on Weds, I told him if I couldn't get the money moved around by Friday to keep the $200 for the inconvenience. I ended up getting a check the next day, which was Thursday from my Credit Union. They didn't have the cash on hand and Friday was "Good Friday" so they weren't open. I told the OP if I couldn't get the cash by Fri/Sat I wouldn't be able to head down until the following Tues. Luckily I deposited the check into my account at Chase, they told me there was a one day hold and that I could get the $ Saturday.

Saturday I told the OP, I had the money and was planning on leaving mid afternoon (I had to work) to come get the car. Not look at it, not test drive it, to BUY IT. I never once tried to talk him down, I was will and planning on paying the $9800 asking price. I wasn't going to let this one get away. During that week, the OP keep telling me how "clean" the car was. I told him I was extremely happy be getting this car.

Just as I told him Saturday I left work a little early, hooked up my trailer, grabbed my dog, buddy and started our 826 mile one way trip. We drove all day, night and into the early morning. We got to town right around 4 am, got a room and crashed for a couple hours.

Sunday morning I got up around 8:30 got ready, contacted the OP and headed to his house to go get my new baby. As soon as the OP opened the garage door, I was a little bummed, the hood was WAY off color for reasons I'll get to. The OP started the car and it sounded good, my inner kid was jumping for joy. I thought "I've got my '86 again!!!!!" which that feeling would be short lived.

As soon as the OP pulled the car out of the garage into the Sunlight, my stomach dropped. I saw the tell tale signs of paint work!!! What happened to the "clean" '86 with original paint? Was this a bad dream? I looked the car over thinking in my head "Well there goes giving him the $9600 in cash I had in my pocket" (remember the $200 deposit was already in his account). Now some will think "so it was painted", which might not have been bad if it were for a shitty Macco or worse job. The f$&#ing paint on the roof, lower doors and rockers was CRACKED!!! So the "clean" original paint (except hood and hatch) turned out to be a ****ing mess!!!

Now I still wanted the car, I had this stupid sentimental thought of having my first car back. I walked away and called a few buddies to get their thoughts. I knew it was going to be at least 3k to paint the car because it had to be completely stripped. After talking to a few buddies they told me $6k to maybe $6500. The OP showed me the original hood which was also cracked from the shitty paint job.

I offered him $7k because I really wanted the car. I was willing to deal with the paint for the Summer and paint it this Winter when I tore it apart for a Mod motor swap. He countered to $8k and wouldn't budget, I went to $7500, but he said "No". Some might say "what's the extra $500 for a car that you really wanted". To me the extra $500 wasn't the problem, the problem was, what else is wrong with the car? Was the motor really what he had listed? Did it really only have the 3k miles he claimed? How about the supercharger? If the things I could see were ****ed, what about the stuff I couldn't. I just couldn't take the chance.

Now the reason most of us are here is because we are enthusiasts! Any so- called enthusiast would have known the car was painted. Hell even your average Joe could have see the ****ing cracks in the paint. So either the OP is completely ignorant or a scammer. I'm thinking the latter of the two, maybe he thought "This guy is driving with a trailer over 800 miles, he won't leave without it". Well he was wrong! I jumped in my truck and took off. I ended up sitting up the street at a gas station thinking I should go back and knock his teeth down his throat, but that would have just made things even worse. In the end I spent 26hrs driving, missed Easter dinner with my family, bought a hotel room, spent over $500 fuel and put 1600 miles on my truck and trailer just to get screwed over by a scammer.

Sure I could have spent the extra $500 and had the car, but the fact the OP lied about the paint (you just can't be that ignorant) I didn't want to take the chance the drive train would have lasted. My plan was to drive it for the Summer sell off the drive train and do a mod motor swap, but I'm a honest guy and I couldn't sell off a drive train I didn't really know the true history of.

I'm sorry for such a long and drawn out post, but I really got ****ed in this deal. All the OP had to do was be honest. I would have NEVER driven 800 miles to buy a lie. The car is NOT "clean", the seats need to be cleaned if they even can be and the paint is ****ing garbage.

In the end BUYERS BEWARE and I hope the OP gets ****ed over hard!

mysticcoupe

Established Member
I just told you what I was told. I even showed you the paper work from where I got the car. I was told it had all factory paint but the hatch.

91 trunk

Established Member
I just told you what I was told. I even showed you the paper work from where I got the car. I was told it had all factory paint but the hatch.

Bullshit! Nobody is that stupid or blind! You never once told me about the cracks in roof, doors and rockers! The pictures NEVER showed the cracks. You're a scamming douche bag. I'll be sure to watch for that car on every website, craigslist ad and ebay ad. You ****ed me over and I'll be sure it doesn't happen to anyone else!

mysticcoupe

Established Member
It's no longer forsale. And you can think what you want. I've had more PMs about buying the car for 8k now then anything. But it's not going anywhere.

mysticcoupe

Established Member
What can you say about the drive train? Nothing! Anyone is more then welcome to call the person who built the motor/trans or call the last owner.

Last edited:

91 trunk

Established Member
What can you say about the drive train? Nothing! Anyone is more then welcome to call the person who built the motor/trans or call the last owner.

What can you say about the "original" paint? NOTHING, because it's a shitty cracked up repaint! You could have been decent person and just been honest, who knows, I might have said "screw it" and came down to look at it anyway. Instead you mislead me into believing the car was "clean".

Your "buddy" did the engine. Who knows if it's really got "professionally" ported heads. Who knows if any of the machine work was done correctly. Face it, you aren't a trust worthy person, so who says your "buddy" is. Hell you live with a Sheriff, so and were trying to pull a fast one on me.

Bet you got a good laugh when I pulled away on my way back to Michigan, well the jokes on you MF'r, this was the worst mistake you could have made, I'm not some stupid Southern slack jaw like you. You picked the wrong Yankee to try and scam.

mysticcoupe

Established Member
I like how you talk trash on a keyboard and didnt say anything like this it person! Do you research on the car call the shop that just did some work on the car! You had all the papers in your hand. I wasn't trying to get anything over on you! And I felt bad about the whole deal. You seen the ad from where I got the car! It said factory paint other then hatch and hood.

sidewayscoupe

Established Member

In the ad it said "you" bought the Z spec T5 from Summit.....

I totally understand why Trunk backed out of the deal and regret sending him the link!

91 trunk

Established Member
I like how you talk trash on a keyboard and didnt say anything like this it person! Do you research on the car call the shop that just did some work on the car! You had all the papers in your hand. I wasn't trying to get anything over on you! And I felt bad about the whole deal. You seen the ad from where I got the car! It said factory paint other then hatch and hood.

Yeah, your roommate being a local Sheriff discouraged me from making a poor choice. After a wasted trip I'm sure things would have really been a lot worse had I done something. Since you're such upstanding guy with bad eyes, no telling how much trouble I'd be in with your roommates influence.

Just as in all the pictures I got from you, you can't see the paint problems because the sun is washing them out in the pictures. Trust me when I say this everyone, when you look at the car in person you can see the cracks. The OP agreed with me once he "saw" them.

Keep the $205.50 which is half of only my fuel costs that you offered. I'd rather have my integrity and feel like I wasn't being paid off. You have a decent '86 GT with paint problems. It's not worth the $7500 I offered and really not the $8k you countered even if the drivetrain is 100% what it's listed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread