"Clean air act"

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I remember reading the aftermarket car industry as a whole is around 4 million jobs. Gonna be real great when many of those folks file unemployment.

Funny thing is we could go completely "Green" in terms of fuel and energy and it won't do shit. The biggest polluters on the planet are India and China and they frankly don't care no matter what they say. Their actions speak louder then words.

Hey now, don't try to shift blame to other countries! You!... and only you are the one polluting the world!

jdcobra

Established Member
Lund Jr talks a lot about this, if you are tuned by Lund racing, they're no long tuning with SCT after March 15. Only a LR nGauge or now this new RTD thing from HP tuners. So if you are with Lund racing and using SCT better finsh your shit fast.

The aftermarket automotive industry as a whole, better come together fast to stop these shit heads at the EPA. Because we might not have a aftermarket industry soon.

I saw that unfortunately…I bought my car last year and have had some health issues that required surgery to take care of before I did anything. Now that I’m able to, I see that ngauge went out of business, he doesn’t offer SCT support, and that new HP tuner thing, which looks like a pain in the ass.

Apparently the shit-show express is only picking up speed…

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
From my understanding, as long as the hardware is already there someone could theoretically unlock it with software(aka "hack" or "tune"). Unlocking ludicrous mode is a good example. But for the most part its not like you can optimize anything for more power. I do know guys unlocking some fun features to allow more performance, essentially turning off nannies and various protections, but not adding actual power.

Once self driving cars become a thing the makers will lobby to end vehicle ownership as a safety/liability issue.

You'll only be able to lease a car and have it serviced by the dealer. They'll then dispose and recycle cars that are "obsolete".

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Once self driving cars become a thing the makers will lobby to end vehicle ownership as a safety/liability issue.

You'll only be able to lease a car and have it serviced by the dealer. They'll then dispose and recycle cars that are "obsolete".

Yep. Why do you think all manufacturers are going the full connected route like Tesla? It certainly isn't just to make owners' lives better. It all comes down to the bottom dollar. Right to repair has some relation to all this as well, and I hope the conversations merge and become a larger overall effort. The same access that allows "tuning" is also key to certain repairs.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I saw that unfortunately…I bought my car last year and have had some health issues that required surgery to take care of before I did anything. Now that I’m able to, I see that ngauge went out of business, he doesn’t offer SCT support, and that new HP tuner thing, which looks like a pain in the ass.

Apparently the shit-show express is only picking up speed…
I guess thankfully enough for me, my car is pretty much the way I want it, other than one day I'll need a clutch. I'll probably end up buying that RTD device just so I can continue to adjust if I need to. I really feel bad for Lund racing, I can't imagine how much bullshit they're going through. I wounder if VMP or PBD is going through the same shit.

jdcobra

Established Member
I guess thankfully enough for me, my car is pretty much the way I want it, other than one day I'll need a clutch. I'll probably end up buying that RTD device just so I can continue to adjust if I need to. I really feel bad for Lund racing, I can't imagine how much bullshit they're going through. I wounder if VMP or PBD is going through the same shit.

That’s a good question. I’m also curious as to why he isn’t using SCT devices which is leaving me to go with either AED or PBD.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
My local shop/friend put a hold on doing any tuning for the time being because of this. Right when I was about to do an intercooler and dyno tune on the truck too.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My friend that has a Tesla was talking about modifying/changing programing on them and one concern is that Tesla and others could probably pretty easily validate what's going on with your vehicle and ban it from using their charging network under the label that it's potentially dangerous (ie a short/fire/explosion etc...).

the rolling coal idiots brought made this crackdown much quicker/more severe imho. The blatant disregard took something they were seemingly ok with going under the radar and made it where it couldn't be ignored.

I think I remember my brother mentioning that Tesla can refuse to charge a vehicle for an unauthorized change. But then, you could still do a standard charge at home using your own outlet, but if you were on the road that would be a killer if you couldn’t use a charging station. We’re losing more and more control over the vehicles we drive.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
That’s a good question. I’m also curious as to why he isn’t using SCT devices which is leaving me to go with either AED or PBD.
I honestly don't know, I'm going to email my calibrator and ask what are my options. I know SCT got a knock on the door from the Feds, so not sure whats going to happen to them. I'm sure PDB is next on there list.
Cause SCT sucks?
I've been using SCT since 2011, I've never had any issues with them, but I know some people hate them lol.

jdcobra

Established Member
I honestly don't know, I'm going to email my calibrator and ask what are my options. I know SCT got a knock on the door from the Feds, so not sure whats going to happen to them. I'm sure PDB is next on there list.

I've been using SCT since 2011, I've never had any issues with them, but I know some people hate them lol.

Oh idk they got a knock from the feds…that’s not good.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh idk they got a knock from the feds…that’s not good.

They have had multiple hits from the feds over the years. Some threads on here elude to it, with the removal of certain features from the software...

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Lund Jr talks a lot about this, if you are tuned by Lund racing, they're no long tuning with SCT after March 15. Only a LR nGauge or now this new RTD thing from HP tuners. So if you are with Lund racing and using SCT better finsh your shit fast.

The aftermarket automotive industry as a whole, better come together fast to stop these shit heads at the EPA. Because we might not have a aftermarket industry soon.
Nobody will do anything. Who controls the EPA? It ain't elected officials, just like most branches. Then there is the courts... yeah nothing.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Nobody will do anything. Who controls the EPA? It ain't elected officials, just like most branches. Then there is the courts... yeah nothing.
Unfortunately you're right, just sucks what's happening to the car industry and gun industry.
I believe that came about because of their purchase of bullydog or whatever diesel tuner it was
That would make sense, still sucks Lund isn't using them anymore.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Unfortunately you're right, just sucks what's happening to the car industry and gun industry.

That would make sense, still sucks Lund isn't using them anymore.
When will most in the country realize it is no longer "by the people"... because it sure is hell is not for the people. Too busy putting on their pussy hats and jerking off on facebook.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
When will most in the country realize it is no longer "by the people"... because it sure is hell is not for the people. Too busy putting on their pussy hats and jerking off on facebook.
I don't know, I really don't. The thing I hate most about social media is it gave way to many pussy ass people a voice that never needed one. I get it, life sucks and things aren't always fair, tough shit.

Users who are viewing this thread