claybar

10thTerminator

Established Member
Removes surface contaminants like: paint over spray, tree sap mist, bug residue, road tar, and other stubborn dirt.

RioRed4v

Established Member
when using, should you apply the misting stuff liberally, to avoid the claybar from sticking?? how much pressure should be applied when using it??

any claybar-ing tips would be helpful

inteller

Established Member
you apply some sort of soapy lubricant to make it glide easier and to make sure any particles you pick up dont scratch your paint.

you should fold over clay very often.

RioRed4v

Established Member
yea, the kit i have comes with some detailing mist to spray down when using the clay. just trying to figure out the BEST and easiest method to using it.

spree

Established Member
RioRed4v said:
how much pressure should be applied when using it??

very little. Just let your hand and the clay glide across. Don't push down on it too much or anything like that. Give it just enough pressure to keep it from falling to the floor.

inteller

Established Member
black01mustang said:
what is the best way to smooth out bumps caused by insects hitting front bumper.

there isn't any way. deformations are permanent. only way around that is to get clearbra on the bumper and front hood.

inteller

Established Member
get the Z-18 claybar, it is a harder clay than what the stores sell and it wont smear like the softer clays do.

paulk

Established Member
my rim has some spots (either from polish or paint)..i don't even know, it looks like paint so it could be polish that is hard to get off with just water and a cloth. Would a claybar be able to remove that junk ?

WDW MKR

Established Member
Both the Clay Magic and Mother's kits are great and will not smear. Readily available at your local parts store. The Zaino kit isn't any better to justify shipping and higher cost.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I've used the Mothers and Meguire's, the Mothers is a harder clay, but the Meg's seems to do a better job of slicking the paint.

I use just enough detailer to keep it moving, modest pressure, and keep it wet, then wipe it dry.

I always either wash the car again, or use a paint cleaner after I'm done.

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
so the process would be to wash, claybar,wash,wax? I bought a claybar but havent used it yet. Since its going to be able 80* today i might go ahead an give the truck a nice cleaning

inteller

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Both the Clay Magic and Mother's kits are great and will not smear. Readily available at your local parts store. The Zaino kit isn't any better to justify shipping and higher cost.

well I dont live in BFE so I dont have to have it shipped. I have a local dealer.

and it is worth the extra cost. Clay Magic turns to mush after a few uses.

Users who are viewing this thread