Clay bar every wash?

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
I do mine evertime i wax and polish my car. whch is every 4 months. to many birds sh*t on my car. :fart:
i love my car cover, it stays on it every day at work.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
I was thinking of a cover. but realized that people would think im being zelous,compulsive. Its already bad enought they think im a detail freak but at work the aircraft mechanics would think im crazy. Beside i love people to see my car. And not a plastic on top of it. :rollseyes

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
yeah but it keeps it clean, away from bird shitt, and save the interior

jpk

Established Member
ju015dd said:
yeah but it keeps it clean, away from bird shitt, and save the interior

I use a car cover as well. I got the Ford Mustang Cobra "Noah" cover from Ford Parts. It works well for year round outdoor use and is fairly thick. Saves me from having to run outside in a panic every time we get freak hail here in Seattle (which seems to happen about once a month throughout the year). I also don't need to wash the car as often because the paint stays free of any fallout like tree sap that blows off all the pine trees in Washington State.

The downside is that I think the cover, while soft and paint safe, does trap little dust and grit particles that create micro-marring from taking the cover on and off. That is still way better than getting tons of Douglas Fir tree sap and bird poop on the paint.

Users who are viewing this thread