Classic Car Insurance

Gearbox94

Established Member
Hey guy, so i just did a bunch of work to my foxbody (2003 cobra drive train swap) and I've been looking around for a collector car insurance policy for it with an agreed upon value for everything I've put into it. I'm just curious if anyone on here has their fox insured with a collector car company and if so who and how have your experiences been with them? I keep hearing stories from guys saying the companies they go through has severe limits on what you can do with the car etc.. I'm just looking for something to cover the time and money I've put in the car while still being able to actually enjoy it. Thanks for looking!

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I had a Foxbody insured with Hagerty. Can't remember how much I paid, sold it two years ago and now have a Terminator insured with Hagerty. The Fox insurance was MUCH less, but it was valued at $10K and the Cobra stated value is $25K.

I've discovered from on-line discussions here that I am paying WAY more than most others for classic car insurance, but with fewer restrictions. Hagerty has loosened up on that the past couple of years. I'm not happy about how high my premium is, and will remedy that soon.

I'm going to change to my regular insurer at a stated value for a good deal less this summer, right along with my other cars. It's with Farm Bureau, but only because a very close friend is the agent, and the prices were competitive.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
im not thrilled about my rate with Hagerty but they have the most liberal use policy I found at the time. Most others flat out said I could NEVER drive my car to work. I work every other saturday for a few hours and like to drive the car. Im going to shop around again though

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Need to look into this for my Terminator. My fox has an agreed value thru State Farm for 12k. I pay $120 a year can drive up to 2,500 miles anywhere. Which I don’t put that much a year on it. I can add more value down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mustang5L5

Established Member
I insure my fox through Haggerty for $15K for $325/year. A little pricey but MA is expensive insurance-wise so its MUCH cheaper than if I insured it normally (almost $2k).

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
check our Grundy - I use them on the Shelby and pay less than $400 a year with high coverage limits.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
I have Hagerty on my 01 Cobra and 93 Cobra. You can go on their website and get the value of your car.

cobra231

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Established Member
I went with Grundy, I have 20k guaranteed pay out for 342 a year. I tried Hagerty, but they were more expensive and wouldn't cover me because I said I may go to the track at some point in my life.

Users who are viewing this thread