Claiming Sexual Harassment: The new weapon for women?

Ohio Snake

Established Member
You forgot to notarize the sex contract right before, so keep one on retainer.

Also as we're seeing, you may not even have to be in the same place as the accuser to have your life ruined. So maybe a GPS tracker is a good idea too.

A new “dating checklist” should be created to reduce male liability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ohio Snake

Established Member
This is a great thread.
Whats going with the SCOTUS is total BS. Watching our lawmakers in Washington is like a soap opera with a bunch idiots trying to look their best to the respective party to shove that party and or personal agenda down our throats.
Personally, most of those lawmaker SOB’s need impeached and the system needs overhauled to keep the BS media true to reporting without opinion.
I watched Corey Booker’s 5 minutes of stupity questioning Kavanaugh. If I were Kavanuagh, I would have jumped out of my seat and beat the shit dumb f**k. Not once did Booker allow the nominee to answer a question and explain the answer. He just cut him off after a yes or no. I wonder if he treats his wife and kids that way? God help his family.
I have to applaud Lyndsay Graham (SC). Lyndsey grew some bigger testicles last night and went off on those SOB Democraps. Its about time, a Republican got real and called out the left morons like that. I wanted to move to SC after that!

Ok, I got that off my chest and exactly how I feel about this. Carry on!

Senator Flake lost his testicles today when he was yelled at by a potential illegal alien on an elevator. And the soap opera continues for another week...may be.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
#metoo
Every time I see this, in my head I hear “pound me too”
How appropriate.
I lit the fuse on that tampon once. I don't recommend it.
I always try to be on my best behavior but there was one date last November that was with a horrible human being and she made the experience akin to a timeshare presentation... I could see the hidden maintenance fees racking up if you know what I mean... she was pursuing me like a potential new renter.
Hoping to get the "date" to end I interrupt the "#metoo presentation" and the customary airing of griviances to inform her # still is the pound symbol and it was just a keyboard character "picked out of a hat" for social media topic organization that would not interfere with existing programming. It had the benifit that was also easy to enter on a "traditional" qwerty keyboard. A "hashtag" was any topic preceded by the pound symbol that social media recognizes as a topic or category. Ladies should just drop that pound symbol if they want to keep up their momemntum and reflet the sober and seriousnes nature portrayed by the "metoo" movement because "pound me too" is just is terrible branding. It makes anyone reading it that is over 35 chuckle.
It pissed her off... (eject armed and I'm pulling the handle) and waiting for her to storm off...
She doubled down with "WELL... nowwwadays"...
(seat leaves the jet and I fail to clear the canopy)
Another glass of red wine and regurgitated the spiel again, refusing to leave me alone until I heard her out, again....

Sent from my Note9

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
"... I could see the hidden maintenance fees racking up if you know what I mean... "

Every now and then you run across a line, and you just know you have to steal it. I am stealing this. That is freaking brilliant, man.

I always try to be on my best behavior but there was one date last November that was with a horrible human being and she made the experience akin to a timeshare presentation... I could see the hidden maintenance fees racking up if you know what I mean... she was pursuing me like a potential new renter.
Hoping to get the "date" to end I interrupt the "#metoo presentation" and the customary airing of griviances to inform her # still is the pound symbol and it was just a keyboard character "picked out of a hat" for social media topic organization that would not interfere with existing programming. It had the benifit that was also easy to enter on a "traditional" qwerty keyboard. A "hashtag" was any topic preceded by the pound symbol that social media recognizes as a topic or category. Ladies should just drop that pound symbol if they want to keep up their momemntum and reflet the sober and seriousnes nature portrayed by the "metoo" movement because "pound me too" is just is terrible branding. It makes anyone reading it that is over 35 chuckle.
It pissed her off... (eject armed and I'm pulling the handle) and waiting for her to storm off...
Another glass of red wine and regurgitated the spiel again, refusing to leave me alone until I heard her out, again....

Sent from my Note9

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

Sent from my Note9

She really dug in like a tick!

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
I know several men that own their own small businesses. All of them in the last week have asked me if I will be changing my hiring practices for women. It seems they are concerned with being in the wrong place at the wrong time with a female employee and having to defend themselves against this type of charge.

About 6 months ago I had a past employee post on Facebook that I was a racist. Being familiar with the definition of the word "racist" I am sure that I am not a racist. (I do however hate stupid people) I had facebook pull it down since the post could impact my business. But it still bothered me that someone just tossed a grenade at me and I did not have a way to refute the charge. (I don't know if it matters, but the ex-employee is white).

I am beginning to think that this #metoo movement will bring change, just not the exact change that was intended.

E

Ohio Snake

Established Member
I know several men that own their own small businesses. All of them in the last week have asked me if I will be changing my hiring practices for women. It seems they are concerned with being in the wrong place at the wrong time with a female employee and having to defend themselves against this type of charge.

About 6 months ago I had a past employee post on Facebook that I was a racist. Being familiar with the definition of the word "racist" I am sure that I am not a racist. I had facebook pull it down since the post could impact my business. But it still bothered me that someone just tossed a grenade at me and I did not have a way to refute the charge. (I don't know if it matters, but the ex-employee is white).

I am beginning to think that this #metoo movement will bring change, just not the exact change that was intended.

E

As a small business owner myself, false and misleading accusations from a disgruntled ex employee is always a concern. The best way to prevent ( or try to ) these issues is thoroughly vet your candidate with background checks ( especially with former employers), clearly state the candidates duties and responsibilities as an employee and most importantly include clear language for termination including reasonable non-compete and non- disclosure clauses. Text and or emails can be very persuasive, if used properly.

Interestingly, I do ask “off the wall questions” not related to work as an aid to help me understand who the candidate may be underneath the layers of clothing. My favorite question is “ What is your favorite song is of all time?” .....
Ive gotten answers like....
Nine Inch Nails.....Animal ( This would be a negative impact answer)
Whistle While You Work ( This would be a neutral impact answer)
Aerosmith...... Big Ten Inch ( This would be a negative impact answer)
Jane’s Addiction... Been Caught Stealing ( This would be a negative impact answer)

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
As a small business owner myself, false and misleading accusations from a disgruntled ex employee is always a concern. The best way to prevent ( or try to ) these issues is thoroughly vet your candidate with background checks ( especially with former employers), clearly state the candidates duties and responsibilities as an employee and most importantly include clear language for termination including reasonable non-compete and non- disclosure clauses. Text and or emails can be very persuasive, if used properly.

Interestingly, I do ask “off the wall questions” not related to work as an aid to help me understand who the candidate may be underneath the layers of clothing. My favorite question is “ What is your favorite song is of all time?” .....
Ive gotten answers like....
Nine Inch Nails.....Animal ( This would be a negative impact answer)
Whistle While You Work ( This would be a neutral impact answer)
Aerosmith...... Big Ten Inch ( This would be a negative impact answer)
Jane’s Addiction... Been Caught Stealing ( This would be a negative impact answer)

Careful with asking questions in an interview not related to work. Asking questions like that could be construed as an attempt to discriminate against age by using the song preference as an indicator of the person's age. I know that isn't what you intended, but that doesn't matter, it's how it can be interpreted by the EEOC.

Always vet your interview questions through your legal counsel.

Even when a candidate volunteers the information, change the subject back to something job related.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but that is the world we live in now.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
My bonus question at my last interview, which was the same position just at a different site and I knew most of the people in the room, was "Why is a man hole cover round?" I thought it was pretty funny.

KEVINS

Established Member
Careful with asking questions in an interview not related to work. Asking questions like that could be construed as an attempt to discriminate against age by using the song preference as an indicator of the person's age. I know that isn't what you intended, but that doesn't matter, it's how it can be interpreted by the EEOC.

Even when a candidate volunteers the information, change the subject back to something job related.

Boy, you got that right. My parents owned their own businesses and even when they were called as a reference for an ex-employee all my dad could legally say was that the person did work for them and that was it. If he told a potential employer about any issues then he could be held liable for that person not getting the job.

ks

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
My bonus question at my last interview, which was the same position just at a different site and I knew most of the people in the room, was "Why is a man hole cover round?" I thought it was pretty funny.
I was asked that in an interview back in the late '90s. That, and how much does a gallon of water weigh.

Then, they took me outside to a piece of machinery and asked me what I thought it did. Having never seen a thermal oxidizer before, I guessed that it was some sort of unit that burned off fumes from their paint booth and they were happy with the "close enough" answer. Got the job.

rwleonard

Established Member
Interviewer: If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?
Me: Are you serious?
Interviewer (defensively): Yes. I am serious.
Me: You know I am interviewing for an engineering position, right?
Interviewer: Yes, I do. Please answer the question.
Me (standing to shake hands): Thank you for your time and good luck.
Interviewer: You're leaving?
Me: Yes.
Interviewer: Why?
Me: I expect your company to go belly up soon.

Zemedici

Established Member
Interviewer: If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?
Me: Are you serious?
Interviewer (defensively): Yes. I am serious.
Me: You know I am interviewing for an engineering position, right?
Interviewer: Yes, I do. Please answer the question.
Me (standing to shake hands): Thank you for your time and good luck.
Interviewer: You're leaving?
Me: Yes.
Interviewer: Why?
Me: I expect your company to go belly up soon.

preach. Did the same

Interviewer : The pay is $xx/hr.

Me: Is there room for progression?

Interviewer (eyes wide open, at this point) : Oh no, no....people don't usually get promoted here.

Me (stand up) : Thank you for your time. I do not want the position.

Interviewer : What? Why? How dare you!

Me : I don't have any interest in working for a company where there are no plans for promotion / progression. Its a dead end road.

What kind of shit is that?

Ohio Snake

Established Member

We have all our questions for interviews go through legal at three levels. I actually ask that question midway through the interview when the time is right....casually and get back to job related questions. You are correct about age, sex, marital status questions amongst others as a no no.

Users who are viewing this thread