CJ Manifold TRASH???

DarkMach1

Established Member
Stops pulling on the graph at 6900? Who tuned this VMP? lol! Get on the dyno and have your tuner tune it. Get a twin 67mm TB if you dont have one.

Supreme_5oh

Established Member
Stops pulling on the graph at 6900? Who tuned this VMP? lol! Get on the dyno and have your tuner tune it. Get a twin 67mm TB if you dont have one.
Actually my local tuner was the one who tuned it, and yes i already have the twin 67tb on it.. im looking to see if i can find a different tuner atm..

Supreme_5oh

Established Member
even if they make the same peak number I guarantee that CJ goes flat till 8K and the holley drops like a rock
yes that is true, the CJ went flat @6900 rpms or so and the holley actually kept climbing until about 7200 which then drops very quickly while the cj still flat after that drop @6900

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Need graphs to really see what is going on. Both will breath great up top. The CJ will make more torque than a BOSS or Holley. And I see it did exactly that.

Big JROD

Established Member
VMP did an intake swap not to long ago. You can find it on YouTube. Ported 2018 Manifold was the winner. And it's so much cheaper than CJ or GT 350!

SixPak

Established Member
The holley intake makes pretty decent power all the way to 72-74. I wouldn't have expected much gain going to the cobrajet from just an intake swap, especially an intake which is already a high rpm intake.

Aren't those stock rev limits? I run my CJ up to at least 7.8k rpm, and if I'm in a crunch I'll go to 8k. My rev limiter is set at 8200. I see the CJ making max power all the way from about 5500 on up, and staying there. That is the beauty of the CJ. I cannot speak about the Holly, but if you are limiting your revs to 7400, you shouldn't have spent your money on a CJ setup.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Aren't those stock rev limits? I run my CJ up to at least 7.8k rpm, and if I'm in a crunch I'll go to 8k. My rev limiter is set at 8200. I see the CJ making max power all the way from about 5500 on up, and staying there. That is the beauty of the CJ. I cannot speak about the Holly, but if you are limiting your revs to 7400, you shouldn't have spent your money on a CJ setup.

Exactly. I spin my boss to 7800 rpms, and I am still making power. And Boss < CJ

Supreme_5oh

Established Member
my Rev is set up to 7.5k, the reason i dont go higher than that is because i dont have OPG so dont want to risk anything, the stock rev limiter is 7k on a stock manifold.

Supreme_5oh

Established Member
I went back and re tuned the car back to 91oct due to going on a trip and posted the Dyno numbers, now that im looking at it you guys are right, it did keep making power all the way to the limiter we had set, im sure it would keep making more if i set the limiter higher.. the 450whp run was on e85 and the 444whp was on 91... e85 didnt make much difference it seems, also only lost about 3TQ lol shared the photo below

Attachments

• dynorunShare_0 (1).png
    dynorunShare_0 (1).png
    51.7 KB · Views: 289

Curt@injected

It doesn't fall off like a brick at 7400, that's just where peak is. That's not where the limiter is. And no stock rev limit is not 72-7400

Curt@injected

I went back and re tuned the car back to 91oct due to going on a trip and posted the Dyno numbers, now that im looking at it you guys are right, it did keep making power all the way to the limiter we had set, im sure it would keep making more if i set the limiter higher.. the 450whp run was on e85 and the 444whp was on 91... e85 didnt make much difference it seems, also only lost about 3TQ lol shared the photo below

Ya you can definitely rev it higher than that.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
As long as you aren't shocking the system with a 2-step, bouncing off the rev limiter like a rice boy in a honda or belt driven blower, then your OPG's will and should be fine. You have the same gear set as the GT350, and it vibrates like the gear your mom's bottom drawer and lives just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread