CJ manifold and E85, who has most NA power?

Elnrownr

4.slow
Established Member
No it happened before the cj went on I thought it was just a plug so was gonna change the plugs before the swap

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
All I want is factory door edge guards but nope can't make them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Stock? I imagine he's driving it as its intended to be driven?
100% stock, first issue after/on open track session and second street driving after being fixed. He's not a mechanical car guy but he said second was from a 'misalignment' and might be install related but he's had it rattle itself to death and after 2 engine failures it's a buy back :(
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
See.....it’s what I’ve been saying unfortunately. Just not a sturdy setup even at stock power levels.
Super bummed as I was thinking of doing a TT flex fuel non-R '19 with carbon fiber interior in that new Performance blue.
Still might but at this point, modding the Hellcat makes more sense.
I just miss shifting and not looking for a racecar, just killer street package I won't hurt on track :)
-J

Established Member
I'm looking for 30rwhp and considering a E85 tune from palm beach dyno

SVT Shelby GT500

Just need a little more pull on the straights to catch those gt3rs's

problem becomes how to keep gas in it.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
100% stock, first issue after/on open track session and second street driving after being fixed. He's not a mechanical car guy but he said second was from a 'misalignment' and might be install related but he's had it rattle itself to death and after 2 engine failures it's a buy back :(
-J

Damn that's scary! what year R?

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm looking for 30rwhp and considering a E85 tune from palm beach dyno

SVT Shelby GT500

Just need a little more pull on the straights to catch those gt3rs's

problem becomes how to keep gas in it.

You could delete the cats with the e85 tune and easily have that 30hp you want, likely a few more. I used lund because i had their nGauge from my last car, but wouldn’t hesitate to use Ken.

I have a set sitting in a box staring at me, can’t install until i get my new motor.

Zemedici

Established Member
Super bummed as I was thinking of doing a TT flex fuel non-R '19 with carbon fiber interior in that new Performance blue.
Still might but at this point, modding the Hellcat makes more sense.
I just miss shifting and not looking for a racecar, just killer street package I won't hurt on track :)
-J

Hellcats will handle a TON of power on stock components, with the correct equipment / tuning. That would be where I was putting my mod money! :D

I can see the 'not as fun' aspect, though.

ANGREY

Established Member
Hellcats will handle a TON of power on stock components, with the correct equipment / tuning. That would be where I was putting my mod money! :D

I can see the 'not as fun' aspect, though.

A super duty truck can handle quite a bit of power on stock components as well. That's what happens when you design a 4500 lb pig that doesn't turn or stop as well as a Honda Accord (on equivalent rubber).

The hellcat is that guy at the gym that's 100 lbs overweight with tiny calves. Can't run, can't squat, can't do pullups or anything remotely athletic, but he can bench press 350 (which seems impressive until you realize he weighs 300). He goes around at parties talking about how much he can bench press. He wears his sleeves rolled up over his large fatty arms because bench press is his only claim to fame in life. That's the hellcat.....a car that makes 707 hp (AT THE CRANK) with a blown 6.2 liter V8. Welcome to 1990 technology.

The car is fat, slow and unbearably unimaginative or sophisticated. Dodge engineers and bean counters are laughing all the way to the bank. In the planning stages they sat in a room and said "we'll just slap together a bunch of parts and components that have been around for 30 years and it'll make a big hp number and we'll sell a bunch of them to idiots who don't care about anything other than a high hp rating. We won't have to invest a single dime in R/D for pesky things like fuel economy or weight or braking or turning.)

There's 2018 Mustang GT's running 8's already and idiots are still running around bragging about hellcats.

Zemedici

Established Member
A super duty truck can handle quite a bit of power on stock components as well. That's what happens when you design a 4500 lb pig that doesn't turn or stop as well as a Honda Accord (on equivalent rubber).

The hellcat is that guy at the gym that's 100 lbs overweight with tiny calves. Can't run, can't squat, can't do pullups or anything remotely athletic, but he can bench press 350 (which seems impressive until you realize he weighs 300). He goes around at parties talking about how much he can bench press. He wears his sleeves rolled up over his large fatty arms because bench press is his only claim to fame in life. That's the hellcat.....a car that makes 707 hp (AT THE CRANK) with a blown 6.2 liter V8. Welcome to 1990 technology.

The car is fat, slow and unbearably unimaginative or sophisticated. Dodge engineers and bean counters are laughing all the way to the bank. In the planning stages they sat in a room and said "we'll just slap together a bunch of parts and components that have been around for 30 years and it'll make a big hp number and we'll sell a bunch of them to idiots who don't care about anything other than a high hp rating. We won't have to invest a single dime in R/D for pesky things like fuel economy or weight or braking or turning.)

There's 2018 Mustang GT's running 8's already and idiots are still running around bragging about hellcats.

all of a sudden your username makes a lot of sense.

ANGREY

Established Member
I can't stand hellcat owners. 99% of them live in delusion. I'm a car guy, I like just about anything worth liking. There are cars that impress me and then there's cars that are just way overpriced.

the ONLY thing noteworthy about the hellcat or the demon is the whole "drop your kids off at school" feature. Which is why I think the trackhawk is a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more impressive vehicle. At least it's noteworthy.

Go to ANY strip or track and a hellcat is not even close to the fastest car there. EVER. Because it's a pig. It was never meant to be a strip car (and doesn't even sniff being a track car).

If I wanted a go fast muscle car, I'd buy a camaro or a mustang GT, slap a dealer optioned blower (with warranty) and kick the hell out of a hellcat or a demon (and not have to run race fuel to do it) for a LOT less money, in a car that even though it's a muscle car would ALSO stop better and turn better than the hellpig.

The trackhawk on the other hand, embraces the fact that it's a pig and you get an SUV that hauls ass. It's noteworthy.

Voltwings

Established Member
2001 mazda miata: 155 hp / 1.8L = 86.11 hp/L
2015 Hellcat: 707 hp / 8.5L = 83.17 HP/L

o_O

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I can't stand hellcat owners. 99% of them live in delusion. I'm a car guy, I like just about anything worth liking. There are cars that impress me and then there's cars that are just way overpriced.

the ONLY thing noteworthy about the hellcat or the demon is the whole "drop your kids off at school" feature. Which is why I think the trackhawk is a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more impressive vehicle. At least it's noteworthy.

Go to ANY strip or track and a hellcat is not even close to the fastest car there. EVER. Because it's a pig. It was never meant to be a strip car (and doesn't even sniff being a track car).

If I wanted a go fast muscle car, I'd buy a camaro or a mustang GT, slap a dealer optioned blower (with warranty) and kick the hell out of a hellcat or a demon (and not have to run race fuel to do it) for a LOT less money, in a car that even though it's a muscle car would ALSO stop better and turn better than the hellpig.

The trackhawk on the other hand, embraces the fact that it's a pig and you get an SUV that hauls ass. It's noteworthy.
We get it you don't like the Hellcat.
Now the real question....have you driven one?
Be honest.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
2001 mazda miata: 155 hp / 1.8L = 86.11 hp/L
2015 Hellcat: 707 hp / 8.5L = 83.17 HP/L

o_O
The 2015 has 8.5L?
I need to trade in my 6.2L 2016 then.
If you're adding the 2.FOUR liter twin screw IHI blower then it's 8.6L?
As Zemidici has mentioned, this engine is making a full probably underrated 707hp on 10psi and is proven to get more out of it reliably, and I'm talking 900rwhp thru an auto on E85.
Maybe I'm not a car guy, but I don't regret the Charger on second, daily driving a 200mph full size sedan averaging 18mpg in 17,000 miles of my driving has been impressive.
Let's get back to the GT350.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread