Circle D Converter

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
I just wanted to make a quick post regarding my Circle D converter. I bought a 4R70W trans from Darrin at BC Automotive 2 years ago. He supplied a Circle D triple disk lock-up converter with the trans. By the summer of 2012, I had everything installed and up and running. The converter seemed a little tight as the car would jump when putting it in gear. At the same time I installed the trans, I upgraded the turbos. I then dropped the car off at a local tuner. He had the car for 6 months and I never did get any dyno tuning. The car would die when it was put into gear and would pull itself up onto a trailer without touching the gas! We couldn’t raise the RPM’s to 900 because it would make the car go even harder and faster at idle and was pushing through the brake pretty hard. I finally decided enough was enough and got the car back. I then installed a ProEFI over the winter and made some other changes. We started dialing it in this summer trying to work around the tight converter. But the car still would die sometimes when going into gear and again, I couldn’t raise the RPM’s too much to alleviate this. It was time to just get the converter re-stalled. I had been keeping Chris at Circle D informed of the progress on the car the whole time. He said if/when I’m ready, just send it in and he’ll take care of it.

I removed it and sent it in. A couple days after he received it, he inspected it and decided on the new stall and then sent it right back out! Keep in mind, he did this for free. He normally has a 6 month or year window to send it back for a free re-stall. But considering the situation and issues with the car, Chris worked with me. Now this is a company you want to deal with. I’m not looking for a free ride all the time but guys like this make the hobby enjoyable. You cannot ask for better customer service than this. I have no idea how or why it was made so tight to begin with as we went 3 “steps” looser. I have my ideas and I’ll just leave it at that. It’s not Chris’ fault at all as he is very good and is an expert at what he does. The turbos didn’t spool slowly with the tight converter so I’m confident it will be fine at idle and will be lightning fast when matted. Looking forward to seeing how it does.

Thank you Chris for an awesome product and awesome service! I highly recommend them.

Users who are viewing this thread