Chrysler to Enter Bankruptcy Tomorrow

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
Good Lord! The end of the American Auto industry as we know it may come to a close very very very soon. I am very upset by this.:(

Me too.

On the upside you'll be able to get a great deal on Vipers and G8s at auction in a few weeks:banana:

HAHA, That may be the case, But youl never be able to sell them. I guess you'll have to keep it forever!

firebird1999us

Established Member
Me too.

HAHA, That may be the case, But youl never be able to sell them. I guess you'll have to keep it forever!

That's ok -- I'm a pack rat about stuff like that and usually just pay for it and keep it!:p

But the markets always turn around and if anything the jackasses at Barret Jackson have taught us that Mopars that couldn't be pushed off the lot 40 years ago can be sold for approximately the GDP of Brazil nowadays!:banana:

All this crap is nothing but a great opportunity if you got the cash! Hey, thanks to the housing market collapse I got my brand new house at cost!:beer:

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Reported: Chrysler to Enter Bankruptcy Tomorrow - PickupTrucks.com News

ID rather Have Chrysler Die then to Have the company Owned by Any % by The Government. Ugh The thought of Hybrids all around drives me nuts.

Sorry if Repost ? Didn't find anything?

GM and Chrysler should let themselves go bankrupt before taking a loan from the Gov't. if you take a loan from the Gov't they will make you stop building V-8's, sports cars and muscle cars :nonono:

Death before Dishonor is the only way to go imo......

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member

i don't ever want to sell my viper. i just want parts availability. its time for me to start stockpiling parts......

Last edited:

Robert Francis

Established Member
Story around here from the auto writers is that Fiat will announce tomorrow it has made some kind of arrangement with Chrysler. Fiat CEO will take over from the Chrysler CEO and will run the company. However, Chrysler may still go into bankruptcy and is expected to do so. Nobody around here is sure what happens after that.

CDep55

Established Member
This article is much better.

Chrysler: Obama's Automotive Guinea Pig - Forbes.com

Basically fiat will own 20%, and over the years assuming they do good they will slowly own more. Chapter 11 BK, which means Chrysler will exist, just get rid of all its liabilities. 55% by some retiree health care fund. Then the rest would be owned by the government and creditors, for now.

earl lee

Established Member
This really does suck, but it would have happen sooner or later. A company that makes no money cant stay in business forever period.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
This article is much better.

Chrysler: Obama's Automotive Guinea Pig - Forbes.com

Basically fiat will own 20%, and over the years assuming they do good they will slowly own more. Chapter 11 BK, which means Chrysler will exist, just get rid of all its liabilities. 55% by some retiree health care fund. Then the rest would be owned by the government and creditors, for now.

Yeah thats what I thought, they will still be alive.

Users who are viewing this thread