Christmas time work crew

1o1proof

Established Member
How many of you having to work Christmas eve/Christmas day?

Run a RO water plant for the local power plant here, on midnights 6 - 6. Good thing is I will be home in the morning to wake everyone up and enjoy the day.

Jaysin

Established Member
Im currently at work, have tomorrow off though which is nice.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
Here here!
Coal fired power plant.. both units off..making no power tonight.. ran one combustion turbine 52 megawatts for 3 hrs

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
1930-0400 Christmas Eve into Christmas Day at work, on Liver Transplant Call until noon Christmas Day and 1930 Christmas Night to 0600 Thursday. On our 4th case since I got here.

1o1proof

Established Member
Uggh Deceptive...and here I thought just normal shift work was bad enough. But you get the bonus to be on call as well! Awesome lol

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Working another mid shift tonight like any other day. 2045-0645 Tuesday night-Saturday morning. But at least I'll get to take leave starting on Saturday.

Edit: I'm also not deployed, so there's that.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Since I am retired that just means that I have been cleaning the house, doing laundry, working on one of the cars, and cooking all day.

And I though that retirement meant that I could take it easy and watch TV or go out on a nice drive in my Cobra.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Off tonight, on call starting 6:30p Christmas night, but I don't anticipate any actual work coming up, but that's part of what sucks about being on call, you never know.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
I'm in China.
Worked Christmas eve, got drunk in the evening and now it's the day after and it's lunch time. About to go back to work.
Working new years as well. It's good money atleast. But damn it's rough.
Last week wednesday a new bar opened, have to go there. Thursday was the most horrible day of my life, saturday = bar, tuesday christmas eve = bar, Saturday = bar and then new years = bar..... Busy weeks

Users who are viewing this thread