Chris Tuten Shocks the World at the NMRA/NMCA All Star Nationals

Jason Reiss

Established Member
Chris Tuten Destroys SSO Class Record at the NMRA/NMCA All Star Nationals

IMG_7574-edit.jpg

Three seasons of frustration are finally starting to pay off for ProCharger Super Street Outlaw racer Chris Tuten, as he is setting the track on fire this weekend in Commerce, Georgia, at the NMRA/NMCA All Star Nationals. This class, which is considered the ultimate small-tire class in the country, is not for the faint-of-heart, as the investment in equipment alone runs into the six figures before a car even makes it down the track.

Tuten has been chipping away at his combination for a number of years, which consists of an 8.2-deck pushrod engine boosted by a Precision 98mm turbocharger. The 25.2 chassis was built by none other than Dave Zimmerman and his band of maniacs at Team Z Motorsports in Michigan, and has been nothing shot of fantastic ever since Tuten picked it up prior to the 2009 NMRA season. He explained, “Ever since Dave built me this car, it runs down the track like a Cadillac – I barely have to touch it.” As he is one of the few racers that run in the class with no wheelie bars, his feat this afternoon in today’s second round of qualifying becomes even more amazing. In short, the car turned in a 1.19 short time, 4.65 seconds to the 1/8th mile, and an incredible 7.08 at 202.87 mph through the quarter-mile, which is nearly two-tenths quicker than the 2010 class record.

After he made it to the end of the track on what was almost an aborted pass, fellow competitor Sammy Vincent told him what his ET was. “I was running around down there in the trees, I was so happy. This was basically the perfect pass – I don’t know how much more this car has in it. For the next round, I didn’t change anything, as I want to be able to repeat what I did on the last run. After that, we’ll go from there,” he said. The excitement in his voice was easy to spot, and as things currently stand, he’s half-a-tenth quicker than number-two qualifier John Kolivas at this point in the weekend. Will he be able to carry his record-setting performance to a win? We’ll know on Sunday.

chris tuten-edit.jpg

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
wow man, that's movin out! 2 tenths faster than the record, crazy!!!

great lookin car too, the only thing missing is some SVTP logos:D

the12fast4u

Established Member
good numbers,still have cold feeling towards him.he had my car for 3 days charged me 800 bucks to "tune" it gave me no a/f graph,and 50 miles form leaving his shop my block blows apart breaking 7 rods.i call him .and all he has to say is "oh" will never touch my shit again

GodStang

Established Member
Chris is a super nice guy. Has always been helpful to me. Glad to see great things going for him. I have always gotten A/F graphs from him.

Jamie R.

Established Member
Chris was a big help to me way back when I raced in Factory Stock, before the rules got to what it is now and I got out. Chris and his crew is just dang good people!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chris amazes me in how fast he goes with the parts he uses!!

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra

4.6pimp

Established Member
Chris has helped me when ever i needed it. Man i remember when he was racing a vw bug with with a porsche motor in it. he was painting back then. Glad to see columbia reping.

Users who are viewing this thread