CHIZ's PCV delete:

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
Supply's you'll need:
Normal tool set
2 1.5" clamp on breathers (ordered from summit)
1 oil fill cap breather (JLP, PSP,etc)
2 Standoffs (ordered from summit)
1 devcon plastic adhesive (hardware store)
1 assortment of large vaccum caps (parts store)
1 stick of epoxy puddy (hardware store)
1 can of high temp black paint (parts store)
TOTAL COST= $70 (depending on breather brand, i got K&N and JLP)

35c99cce.jpg

474c502a.jpg

Step 1: Remove (-) battery cable, and remove passanger side pcv, nipple, and diconnect the "t." One part of the line will go to the plenum, and one will go to the rear side of the manifold. after you remove the pcv you can stick your finger down into the crankcase hole and pull the nipple out.
be5ddef2.jpg

Step 2: Now use the large assortment of vaccum caps, and pick out the size that fits where the hose to plenum used to be, and cap that hose.

EGRPCVdelete016.jpg

Step 3: You can either remove the hose that runs to the back of the manifold entirely, or just cap end of it where it used to be "t'd". i decided for now that i would just cap the part that was "T'd" because i could not see where line was pluged in.

EGRPCVdelete018.jpg

Step 4: clean the surface around where the pcv used to sit. doing this will alow the devcon to stick to it better.

Step 5: Take one of the standoffs and remove the base containg the screws. now mix the devcon, and spread it over the base that is now showing (not the one you just removed), and press the standoff down into place. hold it there until it has dryed enough to sit by itself without moving. you may have to pull the plastic bracket out that contains the electrical wires for the coilpacks, until it has dried enough.

Step 6: while the passenger side standoff is drying, go to the drivers side checkvalve and remove the tubeing that is on top of it and connected to the rubber intake elbow.

Step 7: remove the rubber elbow.

Step 8: now repeat step 5 to the drivers side checkvalve.

Step 9: while the drivers side standoff is drying, take the rubber elbow and plug the hole the tube that was removed in step 6 was in. here is where you use the puddy mix.

0cb99316.jpg

Step 10: once both sides have dried, put the plastic peice back in place, that holds the electrical lines for the coilpacks, and install the 1.5" breathers and oil fill cap breather.

EGRPCVdelete032.jpg

EGRPCVdelete036.jpg

Step 11: once the puddy has dried stiff in the hole on the elbow, reinstall the elbow.

Step 12: reinstall (-) battery cable.

Step 13: crank truck and check for any leaks in vaccum lines.

EGRPCVdelete037.jpg

Congradulations, you've fixed the oil problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread