Established Member
supplies you'll need for EGR DELETE:

1 EGR Block Plate
1 box of large sorted vaccum caps
1 box of small vaccum caps
1 garden hose cap

REMOVING EGR

EGRPCVdelete015.jpg

step 1: turn truck on, and turn wheel to the right as far as possible.

bb662299.jpg

step 2: disconnect the (-) ground cable to the battery.

step 3: take a wrench and open it up far enought to fit the large bolt that holds the line in place to the manifold and loosen it. the bolt is attatched to the pipe itself, so after it's broken loose, use your fingers to loosen the reast, and remove the line out of the manifold.

19d38b75.jpg

step 4: take the garden hose cap, and screw it on where the pcv lines were connected to the manifold.

step 5: now go to the egr valve located on the drivers side of the plenum and remove the two bolts holding it in place. in the picture below, it is located in the top left corner of the pic. you can follow the line that connects to it, down about half way and there will be 2 rubber lines that run to one of the three sensors located on the bracket next to the supercharger. unplug the lines connected to the sensors. Now remove the entire system.

caad9442.jpg

EGRPCVdelete019.jpg

Step 6: install the egr blockoff plate. mine came with allan head screws. tighten them into place.

fed04fa9.jpg

Step 7: go to the bracket located on the drivers side of the s/c. it holds three sensors. to remove it, there is a nut that is at the very front of it, and the very rear of the s/c. take these off, and remove all plugs connected to the sensors. now remove the bracket containing the sensors. (this is an old pic, disregard the t/b being removed). the only sensor you'll have to keep is the small one on the far right, at the end.

309d0933.jpg

00430d7d.jpg

step 8: now you have two choices. either remove the pink,red,and black vaccum lines entirely or cap them off. i chose to just remove the three.

here are the three lines:
EGRPCVdelete002.jpg

the red one goes back around the s/c, and back up to the plenum on the drivers side. remove it. i took the stick of epoxy and filled the hole with it. you can also cut the vaccum line and cap it instead.:
0825e20a.jpg

EGRPCVdelete023.jpg

now follow the black one that also runs back behind the s/c and over behind the battery and cap off the "T" it was connected to:
EGRPCVdelete022.jpg

now remove the pink one. it's about a foot long.

the only thing left to do is reinstall the small sensor, and plug it in. i'm going to cut the back part of the bracket that holds it on, and reinstall it. this will help keep the bay cleaner.

now install the old bracket assembly, and the nut(s) to hold it secure.

congradulations, you just made it easier changing sparkplugs :pepper:
later
chiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread