Chirping Sound (like a cricket)

sssSnake 01

Established Member
With the clutch engaged I get a very light chirping sound that sounds like a cricket. If I depress the clutch it goes away. It is audible most of the time. Is this cause for alarm?

It has developed over the last month or two. Unlike many of the other typically symptomatic conditions I have heard echoed by many 01 Cobra owners this one seems to be my own unique annoyance.

Is anyone else noticing this with your car??

Matt_Sterbator

Established Member
THROW OUT BEARING !!! :D

I have this problem too. I got my car used with 11k miles on it, and it did it slightly back then. Annoyed the crap out of me. It has gotten worse lately. With the clutch engaged and between idle and 2500 it is pretty loud. If you just lay your foot slightly on the clutch pedal it goes away. This isn't just a 2001 thing, it appears to be a Mustang thing I guess, as a friend's 99 V6 is doing the same thing.

I think it's more of an annoyance than anything, but since mine has gotten louder, it must be breaking down somewhat. I'm gonna need a new clutch soon, so I'll replace it then. :)

sssSnake 01

Established Member
Well Matt,

Once again I am in with the crowd. I have every annoying symptom that I have heard discussed in the SVT forums.

Nothing catastrophic but all the noises and wierd occurances. I guess my Cobra is in good company.

Gary

Users who are viewing this thread