Chip for Focus SVT worth it?

kjharris2010

Established Member
I have been thinking about getting a chip/flasher for a little bit more performance and have been reading that the diablosport or the xcal would be the ideal thing but i just don't have that kind of money....

I've seen some generic chips anywhere between $50-$100, and i was wondering if they would be worth it for what little gains i would get? I mean any extra power or better driveability is good, i just want to make sure it would actually help.

any suggestions on which one to get (or not to get) would be greatly appreciated!

VenomRogue

Focus > Mustang
Established Member
i dont even think you can chip or piggy back the SVT ecu.

reflash is the only way to go. Xcal2 or 3

kjharris2010

Established Member
ill sell you my diablo unlocked since my svtf is totaled

im not real into the flashers so would i have to order another tune to put on the diablo or do you have one on there already? and how much were you looking to get for it? i just sent off my tax return and should have some cash by next weekend hopefully

five0three

big deal
Established Member
sorry if my income isn't like yours. so no, not exactly kidding....

im not saying your a broke ass because you cant come up with 150 bucks, im saying that your lucky thats what your looking at instead of double or more. good custom email tune for mine is upwards of $500. I've been there man, i know the feeling.

That being said, the first thing you want to do is find yourself an sct x-cal that will data log. after that, find a tuner that will look at the data log you pull and write you a tune based on it. every car is different and if you are looking for the best bang for your buck, you are money ahead to get a GOOD custom tune.

kjharris2010

Established Member
That being said, the first thing you want to do is find yourself an sct x-cal that will data log. after that, find a tuner that will look at the data log you pull and write you a tune based on it. every car is different and if you are looking for the best bang for your buck, you are money ahead to get a GOOD custom tune.

Understood. Looks like ill be saving a little bit and try to get the best out of the tune that i can. I appreciate all the input. It helps out TREMENDOUSLY.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Buy the used Predator if it truly is unlocked, the Predator comes with Diablos own tune in it which is better than stock.

I've personally tried a couple custom tunes in my car and settled on the one I go from Mike at Unique Tuning in South Carolina because it's got the perfect mix of low, mid and top end power and it fixed a whole bunch of little glitches that Ford left in the car.

Mike is also one of the best people you will ever deal with. :beer:

My second choice would be a tune from Randy at FS Werks but if you go with his I think you need the Xcal because he doesn't do Predator.

Franchi

Established Member
The tuner, whether a Diablo, or SCT is just the method of how a tune is uploaded to your car. How well the car runs is dependant entirely on who WRITES the tune. When you pick a shop, they should ask for your 4 digit PCM code and all performance mods. A generic canned tune won't do much for your ride.

kjharris2010

Established Member
I've personally tried a couple custom tunes in my car and settled on the one I go from Mike at Unique Tuning in South Carolina because it's got the perfect mix of low, mid and top end power and it fixed a whole bunch of little glitches that Ford left in the car.

Mike is also one of the best people you will ever deal with. :beer:

Ya i've read alot of people had good results getting a tune from tom and also great customer service. so i think im gunna save up and go that route.

thanks again guys :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread