Chicanes 03 rear bumper templet

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
does any body have a pic of this templet from chicanes motor sports. It fits on the stock rear cobra bumper for the 351 saleen center exhaust. thanks

waggs

icy.i see.eye sea.icee.
Established Member
I remember seeing a pic a few yrs ago. If I remember, it had gills in it and wasn't curved to match the bumper just flat.

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
Well heres what i have found so far and ive been looking for like 5 days now. This was taken at a show at chicanes store in LA last year . Look at the lower right corner of the bumper and you will see the insert for the cobras ive been talking about. I bought his last one last week and have a good visual on what it looks like , the one in the pic is crome mine will be black with crome 4 inch magnflow tips in the center.
6401194025_large.jpg

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Well heres what i have found so far and ive been looking for like 5 days now. This was taken at a show at chicanes store in LA last year . Look at the lower right corner of the bumper and you will see the insert for the cobras ive been talking about. I bought his last one last week and have a good visual on what it looks like , the one in the pic is crome mine will be black with crome 4 inch magnflow tips in the center.
6401194025_large.jpg

Why the **** isn't it done yet fish? :cuss:

GeoffGT

SVT Blumpster
Established Member
im curious to see pics, i've always loved the saleen's with center exiting exhaust...

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
i remember when i was doing my center exhaust I had found some good pics of both saleen center exit bumpers and the cobra insert you are looking for. I'll see if I can find them.
EDIT: never mind I cant find jack.

Last edited:

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
Thanks man tht would be nice ive searched high and low and thats the only pic i came up with, i talked with joe from chicane today and he said there were not many pics that he knows of that were taken of that center exhaust templet. So if you can come up with some that would be great. And i listen to your car on youtube , sounds fricken awesome with that center exhaust. thanks again.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
so what exactly is it, a curved metal plate?

IMO id just pick up another 03/04 Cobra rear, cut out the current duals and plasticweld them in the center, than take those pieces of material and plastiweld them to the old dual cutouts, and a little body work and repaint and itll look WAY ****ing cleaner than some sheet metal plate (from the looks in that pic).

Titanium 5.0

Oh Oh.. 5.0!
Established Member
I recall seeing the Chicane cobra at a saleen show in Irvine several years ago. I'll dig for the pics. The center exhaust looked pretty slick on there. The metal or aluminum piece didn't fit flush with the curbed contour of the stock bumper though. You're probably better off creating your own piece out of fiberglass and then adapt it to the center exhaust kit. Overall I liked the idea, however it could have been executed better imho.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
This might actually look cool. Post some pics when it's done.

+1, as long as you don't put little scoops on the exhaust tips it might not look half bad. Also, leave it flat black, it looks like a pepboy's special all chromed out.

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
It will be black and ive thought about just getting new bumper, but over all this is much easier then doing all that work to fill in the stock cut outs. To be honest we wont know what its going to look like tell its done. so im sure you guys will give your honest svt god thoughts on the final look. Ive got a good idea on how its going to look, but we shall see.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Wait a minute, does your Cobra still have an IRS? Is so, you can forget about a center exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread