Chicagoland people....where to take a picture?

Blown306

Established Member
Anyone got any ideas on where to take a cool picture of my car this
time of the year? I'm looking for something in the western suburbs.
I was thinking the Morton Arboretum, but now that the leaves are
pretty much gone, maybe in front of a cool building would be best.
Because the sun is in the south, I need to take the pictures facing
north.

VTCI wants to do a cover story on my ride :rolling:

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
sweet deal on the cover shot. if your up to it drive downtown and on the top of the UIC parking garage would be a great shot sometime in the am with the skyline in the back.

Tydlwavs

Parts God
Established Member
I'm partial to farm shots...I like seeing the cars in front of barns this time of year. If that's not gonna work, look for a city like Naperville or Elmhurst. There's always a nice place to take shots of the car out in the burbs. There are some really nice park district locations around the area too. If that don't work there's always Stateville....Oh, I got my membership stuff in the mail...That'll be returned very shortly. And look forward to seeing a few pics of something different in a week or two. Todd's working on something VERY cool. talk to ya soon.

Blown306

Established Member
Yea, I work in Naperville, so I've been checking out parks and stuff around there. I may need to find a cool building to park in front of because all the leaves are gone. The big problem is, my weekends have been so busy lately, it's going to snow before a get out! If they put any salt down, it's going to have to wait until next year.

Can't wait to see what you're doing to the car...let me know when you got pics as well.

Blown306

Established Member
Originally posted by VicRattlehead
sweet deal on the cover shot. if your up to it drive downtown and on the top of the UIC parking garage would be a great shot sometime in the am with the skyline in the back.

My car DOES NOT like downtown! When I drove it down there for that WGN deal, I bottomed out on a manhole cover on one of the crappy streets! I know that garage is right off the expressway, the garage of St. Lukes (I think it's St. Lukes) off the Ike is real good too. I've taken sunset pics there (without the car). When the sun is just right (best in July) all the glass on the buildings reflect it back. It's an exposure/metering nightmare, but looks great when just right...

Tydlwavs

Parts God
Established Member
plans changed, but...

I'm working on the suspension... I was going to purchase another car, but it's gonna have to wait til spring at least...we'll see what happens. I ordered the H&R's today and the Bilstein's are getting ordered next weekend. I should have my hi-flo downtubes this week sometime and the headers will be ordered next week if the deal I got still stands. After that I need to get a few more OE Ford parts to buttom up the front end and then it'll be a snow plow all damn winter(If I go ahead with the drop before Spring). I'm toying with tire sizes, cause I want a set of silver R wheels for spring. The rake your car sits at absolutely ROCKS and I wanna have just a slight tilt. I'll keep ya posted, but right now the main thing is the suspension..soon enough I'm tackling the motor or tranny...probably motor and just getting a new TC and flexplate. I think the vavlebody and trans will hold up til summer and then I can get a new one or rebuilt to hold some power. I like the idea of a hi-power NA car first. I'm not dumping 6k into this car when I want another one that's now going into storage cause my bank sucks ass. Talk to ya soon...membership goes out tomorrow...I'll be talkin to some body guys soon too so let me know about that guy in Addison again.

Later:mj:
shirt%20decal.gif
:mj:

Users who are viewing this thread