Chicago

wcjr

Established Member
The second week in June I will be going to Chicago for a week, for my work.

Just wanted to hear from the locals on attractions, activities, etc. to do while in Chicago.

Thanks

bones srt-4

yep,still a neon.
Established Member
hard rock cafe, rock and roll mcdonalds, sears tower, john hancok bulding, salvadors a block down from r&r mcd's. awesome place to eat. the planaterium down by the lake. museum where the u boat is located.

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
There is so much to do and places to go....where are you staying?

Go to:
Navy Pier (A staple of Chicago0
North Ave. Beach (lots of eye candy)
Millenium Park
the Magnificent Mile (shoping)
Rush & Division St (bars)

Eat at:
The Chop House
Rosebud on Taylor (Italian)
Japonais
Coast Sushi

There is soooooo much to do...

bscarberry

Established Member
Go to the field museum... there's always something good there. They also have an awesome aquarium. Lou Malnati's Pizza is always delicious. Head over to Moto if you wanna have one of the most unique dinner experiences of your life.

It's never a bad idea to stop by the Original Morton's on State St. for a delicious dinner.

Last edited:

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
Must visit:
Wrigleyville during a Cubs game- even if you hate the Cubs as I do
North Avenue Beach- on a nice day
"The Ledge" on the Sears Tower Skydeck
Navy Pier

Must eat:
Pizzaria Uno (original)

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
You're doing yourself an injustice if you don't make it up to Wrigleyville during a game day. Even if you're not into baseball & the Cubs it is still a very cool evironment and experience.

I would also encourage you to definitely visit the Field Museum.

Btw, the Sears Tower is called the Willis Tower now. Just an fyi for if you get there and are looking for directions and signs and such.

Take your pick on the food. Everywhere that has been named thus far is pretty excellent.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I stayed with my aunt in Chicago last summer in Lincoln Park over a long weekend. What a blast! Went to the Lincoln Park Zoo, Navy Pier, Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, Sears Tower (I'll never call it Willis!), Millenium Park, and caught a Cubs/Astros game at Wrigley (and the Stros won!). I really like it there and there's tons of stuff to do.

wcjr

Established Member
There is so much to do and places to go....where are you staying?

Go to:
Navy Pier (A staple of Chicago0
North Ave. Beach (lots of eye candy)
Millenium Park
the Magnificent Mile (shoping)
Rush & Division St (bars)

Eat at:
The Chop House
Rosebud on Taylor (Italian)
Japonais
Coast Sushi

There is soooooo much to do...

I havent picked were I am staying yet....I do need to be close to the Burr Ridge area though. Downtown is about 20 mins away from what I can tell.

Any suggestions on where to stay?

Thanks everyone for the suggestions....I am going on a Sunday and leaving the following Saturday morning. It should be a blast beside the training courses I have to attend from 8-5, oh well! :)

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Personally I have never, ever been impressed by the Shedd Aquarium. I would only go there if I didn't have an opportunity to do something else first.

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
I just got back from Chicago on Sunday. I was there on business for 4 days. The Field Museum is cool but I personally prefer the Museum of Science & Industry, it's where the German U-Boat is located, just be careful getting to and from it because it can get a little rough west of this museum, stick to Lake Shore Dr. and you'll be OK.

I went to the House of Blues with some buddies on Saturday night, the Doobie Brother were playing, I've never had a bad night at the House of Blues. If you like to bar hop, Rush Street is the place to go.

Last edited:

Mayo5

Established Member
wow....tough crowd. would love to see what impresses you

I didn't think the shedd was very impressive either, and it was dirty the last time I was there.

But I'm comparing that to the one in Atlanta and Chattanooga.

The art museum is incredible though. I love going to that.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
You might want to check out the Blue Man Group at the Briar Street Theater. The show is sooo much better than the traveling one.

+1 on Wrigleyville

+1000 on the Chop House - best steak I've ever had, just be prepared to spend $50 MINIMUM to eat there.

The Sears Tower of course.

Watch where you go at night, the west and south side can get really rough, stay north of ~50 block south and east of I-90 and you should be OK for the most part. Not trying to scare you, but it is a reality.

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
Yea... watch where you go. I went to check out Northwestern's Med School and ended up cruising around Cabrini-Green.

I'm a south suburb native... So I'm a little familiar with FAR south suburbs like Orland Park, Tinley Park, etc. Best pizza places in that area are Giordano's (deep dish), Aurelio's, and Fox's. But, my favorite was always Palermo's in Oak Lawn. If you can't make it to Hot Doug's, go to Portillo's for a hot dog or a spicy beef sandwich.

Oh... and for the Love of God... I miss White Castles.

wcjr

Established Member
Thanks guys...the trip is getting closer.
I will definitely try to hit up most of the places you guys suggested.

wcjr

Established Member
So looks like the trip is scheduled for june 14-19.

I will be in the class everyday until 4:30, so that knocks out some of the day attractions.

Definitely going to try to hit up as much of the stuff that you guys listed!

Users who are viewing this thread