Chicago Area Mustangs!

FiveSlow

Established Member
Just like the title says! Who lives in the area?!

I'll be going to Union Grove for my shake down passes once spring time rolls around. Looking for other members that will be down for meets and cruises this spring/summer. Getting my Paxton kit has me all excited for summer haha. :beer:

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Just like the title says! Who lives in the area?!

I'll be going to Union Grove for my shake down passes once spring time rolls around. Looking for other members that will be down for meets and cruises this spring/summer. Getting my Paxton kit has me all excited for summer haha. :beer:

I go to GLD(union grove) lots in summer usually thursday night. 2014 GT here. I had a 2011 GT before that ran 12.1 bone stock with only a MT ETstreet tire. Are you on TCG also? If not I will PM you a link.

99MystiC

Established Member
Hey guys i just moved here. Im in Vernon Hills and im curious about the rules for the track. What are the requirements for the race for free days and the fun racing. My car is not street legal so im just curious what days i can race?

FiveSlow

Established Member
I'm not that sure on the rules. I know they make you wear a helmet if you run 13.99 or faster. I thought if you went 10.99 or faster you had to have a cage but last time I went there was 2 gtrs that had the alpha9 package and were running solid 9's no cage.. I think if you show up on a tire they make you have a loop. I don't really know. Went 12.2 mostly stock but I was on the stock all seasons so I wasn't inspected or anything. I can't wait for spring. What will your new motor rebuild net you power wise?!

99MystiC

Established Member
I'm not that sure on the rules. I know they make you wear a helmet if you run 13.99 or faster. I thought if you went 10.99 or faster you had to have a cage but last time I went there was 2 gtrs that had the alpha9 package and were running solid 9's no cage.. I think if you show up on a tire they make you have a loop. I don't really know. Went 12.2 mostly stock but I was on the stock all seasons so I wasn't inspected or anything. I can't wait for spring. What will your new motor rebuild net you power wise?!

Power wise itll prob still be around 300, its just a mark 8 shortblock from the junk yard and my 99 heads with 98 intake cams that were degreed. The swap to the sullivan intake took away some tq so im hoping with the different duration cam and degreed should help me gain that tq that i lost back and the car should be back in the mid to low 1.40s 60 foot. If that happens im hoping for high 10.90s which would be nice.
As for rules i was just checking if they certain days were like street legal cars. Sometime they do events for street cars only. Ill most likely run the slicks only day.
Hows the prep?

QuickC5Z

Established Member
Not a Mustang but from Chicago and go up to 41 and Byron. Usually with a variety of different cars.
I'm down for any type of track day or whatever..

ScreamingMach46

Established Member
Unfortunatly I'm in Shitcago. Used to go to GLD all the time with my Mach. Will hopefully make it there this year with the Cobra.

jsip

So horsepower Many torque
Established Member
South suburbs here: Frankfort

Sup y'all! I will be cruising for a few pulls down 66 in a few Saturdays. I'll post here if anyone wants to meet and make fun of my unskilled rowing gears after a 10-yr hiatus from four wheeled transports.

Users who are viewing this thread