Chevy vs Ford at LACR

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
take the cobra all through LA and the beach tomorrow. with the x-games going on, there'll be plenty of traffic. but yeah, just take a drive down here and back, thats at least 80 miles, then go to LA, try and visit every mustang shop you can in so-cal...little things like that. easy 500 there.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Thanks for reminding us about evil LA traffic, Adam
icon_confused.gif
!

stang99

I still may not get to LACR Saturday. The clutch takes a lot of breaking in and the tranny is so stiff that I can barely shift it. I took the long way to work this morning and shifted a lot but I can feel that the clutch is not seated yet.
The new tranny is notchy and not smooth like my old one but it is
making noises like a cement mixer full of marbles, so it must be a regulation Tremec.
I will go to the mini Mustang show at Performance Unlimited 661-729-3878 because that seems to be a very good shop for those you can make it to Lancaster. He is having a get together from 10-? Saturday. Barry Leonard, one of the owners really knows his Mustangs. This is where I had the clutch and quadrant installed.
I might talk some of the people that drop by into sticking around for LACR's event. The more Fords that go, the better the chances of eliminating all the Chevys, except you can expect some Chevy ringers to be there with the intention of eliminating all the Fords.
Oh, yah, that's right, it's called Chevy vs Ford.

Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Thank God they fixed it for u Patrick.

LACR i dont think would be the same with out seeing u there.

:beer:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Let's be sure some of the fast Cobras are there, ok guys?

My portly Vert with it's measly 440 ponies is not one of the fast ones...

Come on Tetge, with all that new stuff. You WILL be one of the fast ones.

What does it look like? David, Robert, Allen, Rueben, George?
Dean? Others?

JW

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Well we dont have that much folks interested :bash:

Patrick maybe, George????? Ruben?????
Juan & me for sure.

I know that Black NOS guy said he will show up for sure.

stang99

You are just going to have to drive your vert harder. According to what I have seen posted, 440 RWHP should put you in the 11's, no problems. You just need to get your 60' down to 1.5 sec and speed shift that puppy. ;-)
I am going to go out for a ride tonight in my car, but, I am afraid that the clutch will not be ready for racing by tomorrow as it is breaking in really slowly and it still chatters. I can feel it getting better and better but it obviously takes a long time. I have to take it easy on my $1000+ flywheel and clutch.
I also have tomorrow morning since LACR does not kick off until the afternoon. The Nittos are on the car and no rubbing so far but I have been crawling over bumps and also slowing way down for corners. :shrug:

Originally posted by jhwalker
Uh-oh :bash: Dean was our legitimate 11 second entry.
Somebody has to step up.

HELP!!:burnout: Need more Cobras!! Preferably with mods and tires.
JW

stang99

Poisonous Mods=548.2 RWTQ on a hot humid day. That's 11 sec torque at LACR for sure. The pressure is on....

Originally posted by jhwalker
Uh-oh :bash: Dean was our legitimate 11 second entry.
Somebody has to step up.

HELP!!:burnout: Need more Cobras!! Preferably with mods and tires.
JW

stang99

We might see some other time? You would have gone some serious times the way the track was prepped for this event. Too bad you couldn't make it. It was seriously smooth and sticky all night. I finally managed a 1.937 60' on my last run, but I think that the headwind got me because I only ran 12.850.

Originally posted by SonicVenum
We shall see my good man.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
We might see some other time? You would have gone some serious times the way the track was prepped for this event. Too bad you couldn't make it. It was seriously smooth and sticky all night. I finally managed a 1.937 60' on my last run, but I think that the headwind got me because I only ran 12.850.

Wish we could have made it, but it took WAY more time than we were expecting at the shop. We were over 130 miles from the track, and figured we'd just hang out.

I'll get back to the track soon enough though.

Users who are viewing this thread