Chevy vs Ford at LACR

jonas

Established Member
Im just lost, was away from the boards until late yesterday and suddenly there is like 10 things in the works

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by jonas
Im just lost, was away from the boards until late yesterday and suddenly there is like 10 things in the works

:lol:

Well u have to roll with us to LACR on this Saturday the 08/23
Track should be real good & good times should show.

Also Chime in Roberts Thread if ur down for the BBQ. :beer:
Not confirmed just yet but it will be soon im sure :D

stang99

My car's broken so I will have to beg off on Chevy vs Ford. This is a major disappointment since I purchased a Spec Stage 2 clutch and aluminum flywheel as well as two AFS 10.5X17 rims and a set of 315 Nittos for the occassion. The $$$$$ in parts are just mocking me at the moment.
I should have learned from prior modding and also from computer software and hardware not to attempt to make too many changes at once, but, after seeing Sonic Venum's car run, I felt that I needed some tires to have any chance at all of staying undefeated. And, dedicated rims seemed to be a good choice as I prefer the F1's for spirited everyday driving over the 315 Nittos.
You all will have to uphold the honor of Ford. The more of you that show, the greater the chances that Fords will eliminate the Chevys for the second year in a row.
I rode my MotoGuzzi into work today. It's seriously slow when it comes to acceleration, but, it is a slippery little bugger when the traffic backs up.

jonas

Established Member
If you would lik eme to break in your wheels and tires at the event lemmie know. I just got the 2.9 and swanson tune and I swear that man is a god. 6th gear at 1800 rpm in a 5% grade with the ac on and not a hint of ping, of course I down shift when I pass just to be safe.

stang99

Yes, I think that Danny has the touch as well. Mine will not ping either on 91 octane with the a/c on from any rpm in 6th that I have found. Great CA tune and, it will run good at the strip too.
The rims and tires are on display in my garage. I like to look at them and curse my bad luck.
I wonder if they will fit on my Focus automatic when I have to sell my 03?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
it broke....

..the sound barrier

George...come on now.

Juan... he has issues with the T56.
Sad thread i thought...sorry i can find the thread at home to post up unless Patrict can give u the 411.

stang99

The TOB retainer is broken off right at the case. The cause of failure is unknown but the picture of the 26 spline T56 clearly shows the TOB retainer tube attached right to the trannys case. We are investigating out next course of action, but I am sure that I will not be at LACR Saturday.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
I am very sorry to hear that. I hope we can all find a solution to this growing problem before a stigma is attached to our vehicles.

I just read your thread about it. Don't listen to those retards talking trash. We are here to support eachother, not tear eachother down.

Good luck with your car. Keep us posted.

stang99

Thanks. I am a Mustang lover and I have never been able to stay away from owing one since I had my first new 1967 390 GTA. I am concerned about tranny failures since they can be very expensive if it is impossible to get parts to rebuild the tranny. I was looking at the Mach 1 at the dealer and wondering if my big rims and tires would fit it. However, work is being done right now on stronger replacement parts for the Cobra T56 so who knows what may be available in the future. I know that I am addicted to the power of the Cobra and even the Cobra feels slow sometimes. So, it would be hard to step down to a slower car, especially when I know that I would be hitting the strip before it had 1000 miles on it, and then, I'd be all bummed because it was soooooo slow. It'd need an exhaust and tires and underdrive pulleys and gears and induction. Then it would break and they would void the warranty for mods. Plus, the Mach 1 does not ride or handle any where as well as the Cobra.
But, it will be tough not getting to race next Saturday since I have been looking forward to it. They should have the track prepped well for a big meet. The Chevys will want revenge for last year so be careful....

stang99

Hey! Maybe I can borrow my brother's 3.0 Ranger and come out and beat all the Fords and then the Chevys. That would definitely make my day. Except that my brother's truck is a five speed stick and no limited slip so it would be hard to launch. I should just rent an automatic Focus and tear everyone up. Damn! I am sure bummed about not being able to take my car out this Saturday. You guys better show up and eliminate all the Chevys. I may just ride over and check out the action to see what's happening. Since I am not racing, I can even drink a few brews....

stang99

My 2002 SVT Focus with a CAI went 16.68@85 at LACR so the automatic should be an 18+ sec car. There would only be RT to be concerned with as far as bracket racing went. But, I thought of it first. If we could get a fleet deal and all show up in four door Focus automatics, it'd drive the Chevy guys insane. But, trust me when I say that it would not be any fun to drive a Focus down the strip. The SVT was a major disappointment and I had the fastest Focus at LACR.

Hell yea brotha,
i was thinking of renting an automatic focus :)

stang99

They always gave me a Chevy as a loaner that the Ford dealer and I hated them. Sorry, but I do not even drive Chevys as a joke. Fords may give me grief, but I am a loyal Ford person. After enough years, this starts to make sense.

Just saw the mullet wigs and t-shirts addition.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread