Cherokee County Emissions

Nyboostaholic

Hey guys,

New to the forum and GA here. Looking to register my 94 Supra turbo in Cherokee county but need a emission inspection. I thought it was less strict down here regarding emissions coming from NY but i guess not. Anyone know of a inspection station that will pass a modded car?(single turbo no cat). Thx in advance

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
It depends on where you are. Cherokee is one of the few counties that require emissions checks for registration in GA.

Do you know what kind of emissions test they are doing? Is it a simple OBDII, a sniffer, or a full inspection?

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Nyboostaholic

No idea what kind of testing for a 1994 car. I heard newer cars they just check the lights and safety etc. The dmv specifically says emissions so I don’t know what to expect until I call them tomorrow

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Have you done any type of research for the emissions most are reporting there?

With the age of the car, I would expect a lot of exemptions.

Nyboostaholic

Yes I found the emission test information online earlier, never had a chance to call a inspection center today though.

What tests will be performed?
All subject vehicles will receive a three-part inspection:

• An OBD test to check the vehicle’s emissions control performance history.
  • A fuel cap inspection to check for adequate seal.
  • A visual inspection of the catalytic converter to check for tampering or removal.
All 1995 and older model year vehicles will receive:

• A TSI test or an Accelerated Simulation Mode (ASM2) test – This dual-mode test includes a 25/25 test (25 percent load at 25 MPH) and a 50/15 test (50 percent load at 15 MPH).
  • A fuel cap inspection to check for adequate seal.
  • A visual inspection of the catalytic converter to check for tampering or removal.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I did not realize they had gotten this strict. I live in GA and have no emissions testing.

Your best bet is to get a cheap high flow cat, or have someone build a cat clone to cover the pipe.

If I ever run into emissions I will have to swap my mid pipe. I hope I don't ever have to deal with this issue.

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
I just moved here too with a 1991 5.0 and 2003 Cobra. I didn't think they did anything on the 1991 but above states they do a dyno test!?

SV

Users who are viewing this thread