Cheep stock 2003-2004 Cobra radiators

28psi

Still a Noob
Established Member
Cheep stock 2003-2004 Cobra radiators
Panoz Auto Development has stopped producing cars here in Braselton GA and have 2 pallets of stock 03-04 cobra radiators that came straight from Ford. They sold me one for 175$ and told me to pass the word around. They need to get rid of them. This is all thanks to Brutal Metal and birdman941 for letting me know about this deal.

I talked to a guy named Glen at Panoz After market sales and his number is (770) 867-4796.

MouTine

Established Member
Original '96 is allso aluminum with plastic water tanks. I dunno what's the diffirence between these and those. There's no real benefit if '03's are still with one-row style. Should be at least 2-row or more.

28psi

Still a Noob
Established Member
Sorry guys I don't know if its a improvement or your stocker or not. I just thought it was a great deal on them. Mines was leaking and the stealership wanted 680$ and everywhere else wanted around 300 and it was a 10 day wait.

harvboi05

Established Member
its not a 1/4" difference, its 3/8" and theyre all aluminum. direct replacement. fan bolts right on. it takes longer to drain the coolant than it does to swap em out.

cobra%20imrc%20cleaning%20004.jpg

cobra%20imrc%20cleaning%20006.jpg

cobra%20imrc%20cleaning%20005.jpg

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
It's a direct fit for 97 and 98s, 96s need new brackets. Ya can't go wrong with a thicker radiator.

Last edited:

94venomV8

Established Member
If anyone needs a aluminum 03 cobra one I have one in good condition but I dont have the brackets. Will sell cheap though!!! I need the room since I will be taking my motor out shortly and dont want anymore parts laying around. The brackets you can see above, they are the black ones on the ends. Let me know if anyone wants a cheap one.

28psi

Still a Noob
Established Member
OP if they are 175 how much for shipping??? I went to their ebay store and they dont even have them listed anymore:shrug:

I would give them a call. I was lucky and live 10 minutes from the track. So I got to go look check out all the race cars when I picked it up.

RedTwilight

Shinigami Akakage
Established Member
Even with the brackets the bottom passenger side mount on the core support needs to be moved on '96 models that did not receive the cooling TSB. You will also need to drill an tap the hole for the new upper driver side mounting bolt. And in my case the lower rubber grommets were waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too thick and would not allow the radiator to sit down low enough. Also the rod supporting the expansion tank may need to be moved and/or bent to clear.

C O 13 R A

Crazy Arms
Established Member
Even with the brackets the bottom passenger side mount on the core support needs to be moved on '96 models that did not receive the cooling TSB. You will also need to drill an tap the hole for the new upper driver side mounting bolt. And in my case the lower rubber grommets were waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too thick and would not allow the radiator to sit down low enough. Also the rod supporting the expansion tank may need to be moved and/or bent to clear.

I own a 96. For a Termi/Mishimoto (I've done both) swap, there where only 3 things that need any "mod". The holes on the bottom supports, they might need to be elongated just a bit for a mishimoto (Terminator Rad dropped right in with no mod). The top supports would need to be flipped over along with the rubber supports for a mishimoto (Terminator Rad dropped right in with no mod). Not all cars are made alike so it will differ slightly from car to car. Also the expansion tank will sit on or closer to the rad on a Termi or Mishi Rad. You can easily add washer under the retaining bolts to raise the expansion tank to avoid rubbing (worked for me).

Edit: I've heard the new Mishimotos are sold now with upper support brackets to replace the stock ones. In their theory this will allow the radiator to flex better during heat cycles and avoid premature ruptures.

Edit#2: Just want to note this was done on a cooling system that had the full TSB completed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread