Check valve (PCV) - TVS

Riptide

Established Member
I have a TVS setup on my car and breathers installed along with a oil cap breather. On the passenger side the one way check valve is still installed.

I can't really wrap my head around how the system operates. I've asked vendors like JPC about this in the past and they said no need to remove the one way check valve but then I read on forums opinions saying otherwise.

Does this need to be removed from the system if you have breathers on both valve covers and the oil cap?

wildman926

Established Member
An engine's PCV ( positive crankcase ventilation) system works to allow the engine to breath. Air enters the driver's side valve cover, exits the passenger's side valve cover. The passenger's side is connected to the engine intake to actually draw air through the engine. The "one way" valve is there to protect the engine in the event of a backfire. Unless your car is tuned with it removed, keep it in there as it will cause a lean condition.

Oil catch cans work very well on sc cars. Only the pass side actually catches oil. The driver's side, catches moisture from the air entering the engine.

MG0h3

Established Member
You can’t have a PCV and a breather. It’s one or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread