Established Member
Enjoy,

DCP02575.JPG

DCP02511.JPG

DCP02513.JPG

DCP02512.JPG

martynews14.jpg

Nice but where's the splitter?

Doesn't look right with the wing and no splitter.

JMO anyway.

Later,
Matt

Last edited:

R-CODE

Established Member
DETROIT Pace Car

Where did you find these photos? I saw this car in person at a dealership i beleive the car is owned by Ford. But was just wondering o' maybe that is where the photos were taken at; The Detroit Grand Prix here in Belle Isle Park.
JKCOBRA98 on the Cobra R owners list there is a JKCOBRA is that also you owner of a Cobra R?

I'm hoping to install some BBK billet aluminum underdrive pulley's for my 93R what do the rest of the R owners think about this $100 easy bolt-on for increased 10-18 hp??? Need input.

Thanks gentlemen.

C-YA LEO - DETROIT, MICHIGAN

93 COBRA R : Timing bumped to 16 degrees, moroso cold air induction k&n fenderwell kit, offroad h-pipe, 110 octane.

JKCOBRA98

Established Member
Yep I do have a listing in the R owners list that isn't correct..

I had the winning bid on #83 Cobra R on EBay and then when it came time to pay up I had a family emergency and could not follow through. Hence my (-01) ebay rating.

So I almost had one that had seen a lot of racing time and was extensively modified and came with most of the original equioment even the original motor that only had a few hundred miles on it.

But, yes I would still recommend the under drive pulleys. They worked out great in all the other 5.0 mustangs I've owned.

I found the pics of the car on another site.. This car was at a car show this past weekend.

http://www.winmain.com/Roundup01/default.htm

Once my 98 Cobra project car is completely paid for I will be Jonesing for a Y2K R hopefully I can find one with a few miles on it then for a real good price.

I had the oportunity recently to purchase a 2K R but had to pass..

I seriously want a 2K R but I have to wait now.

Thanks,
Matt

kevin

i know a bunch of folks who've put under pullies on with no problems (well i heard of one, mechanic error on removal). everyone i know are happy with the mod.

really cool pics.

kevin.#22,#41,#80

Cobra-R

Established Member
Who wants to volunteer thier car to be the "official SVTPerformance Pace Car" at Road America? We could have fun installing all kinds of pace car stickers on one white Cobra R in particular. :D What do you say Dean?

Brian

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
LOL. All of us know the talk of the weekend will be all the 00Rs, so it really should be one of you guys. It will get the most attention and deserve every bit of it. My R has all the goodies on the inside. Your cars have both. Everything about your cars screams SPEED. You'll get no argument from me who is top dog.

kevin

ya know, we should be thinking of other things special for the ra meet

pace car, shirts (any more on this?) are mentioned. what else?

kevin.#22,#41,#80

R-CODE

Established Member
BBK billet aluminum pulleys

95RCobra(Steve), what about your input on the pulleys i'm thinking of bolting on? And anyones elses input would be very apprieciative. Thank you gentlemen.
*BBK billet aluminum underdrive pulleys*

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Got 'Em

Nice quality pieces, but the alt. pulley is HUGE! I ended up putting back on my stock alt pulley because I didn't like how much it taxed the charging system.

Not sure if they're any different in size for the Fox's or not...

1PT21GW

Established Member
I saw that car in person...... in fact i heard it.......

it was at the Mustang Round-up at Bellevue Community College in Bellevue, WA last weekend.

Sounded .... well nothing I can think of describes it..... except I had to go change shirts from dreweling. You could hear it all the way across the campus. Last year they had a Cobra-R there as well.

It was a BIG car show....... Hundreds & Hundreds & Hundreds of Mustangs.

Later,
Jason

'00 R

I think it is owned by Rousch. My brother and I parked next to it at our Downriver Cruise outside Detroit! It came in a Rousch trailer........ I'll see what I can dig up on it. It looked completely stock, inside and out.

Max

Users who are viewing this thread