Check out this spider that landed on my head! HOLY CRAP!!!

myersusaf

Go Hawks!
Established Member
So i was running some trash to the out side trash can. On my way to the back of the house i felt something hit my head, now i am not hugely afraid of bugs but i don't exactly want them on me.

I shrugged it off an ASSUMED it was a stray moth that bounced off, holy shit was i wrong, i walked back in the kitchen when i felt something crawl (quickly) from my head, down behind my Ear and down my neck to my shoulder. That is when my wife saw it and i saw it out of the corner of my eye.

Everything was ok untill this point, she then shouts "ohh its a spider"

Thats when i flip my damn lid and freak out, needless to say i ran into the living room, (i still don't know why). I swear i just got super human strength for a moment and hit it and pulled my shirt off... I was not happy.

well we couldn't find it after that untill about 10 minutes later is was crawling up the wall, needless to say i was still angry/freaked out so i smashed with a shoe.

when it was alive it looked pretty menacing. and way bigger than after i killed it.

I know it is smashed but does anyone know what kind it is?

it dosent look bad now, but imagine having that focker crawl down your neck!

EDIT: Looks like i may have found the culprit...

http://bugguide.net/node/view/28849/bgpage

Last edited:

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I just got chills looking at that. I freaking hate spiders. I don't know why my dumb ass always clicks on these threads....

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
not a brown recluse.

I've been bitten by a brown recluse 4 times & know them all too well. I actually posted a thread about it a early '08.

Moparkidd

can i get a check 1,2 uhh
Established Member
not a brown recluse.

I've been bitten by a brown recluse 4 times & know them all too well. I actually posted a thread about it a early '08.

dang man. we have alot of them things at work. i hate seeing them, i found one the other day and i layed my finger on the table and started easing towards it, thing went ballistic and lunged at my finger he was supa pissed

JMoraru

Established Member
did it look like this? Wolf Spider
Wolf_Spider_8_eyes_PB032198.JPG

birch

Go 'Eers!
Established Member
Dayum..

Reminds me about one of my friends a few years ago....

We were at our WV camp fishing, and he had bought a boonie hat the day before. We spent most of the day wade fishing. Once we got back to camp, he took his hat off and let out this half scream - "holy shyt" and flung his hat. Asked him what the problem was, and he says "look in my hat!!". Apparently from the time he bought the hat until we took off fishing, a black widow decided to make his hat home. Pretty sure it was a male, due to the size of it. (females are smaller, IIRC). It took a half a fifth of JD to calm him down, lol.

Needless to say, we all immediately checked our hats. I'd probably faint if I had a black widow in my hat that's been there all day/night. Male or not...

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
Dayum..

Reminds me about one of my friends a few years ago....

We were at our WV camp fishing, and he had bought a boonie hat the day before. We spent most of the day wade fishing. Once we got back to camp, he took his hat off and let out this half scream - "holy shyt" and flung his hat. Asked him what the problem was, and he says "look in my hat!!". Apparently from the time he bought the hat until we took off fishing, a black widow decided to make his hat home. Pretty sure it was a male, due to the size of it. (females are smaller, IIRC). It took a half a fifth of JD to calm him down, lol.

Needless to say, we all immediately checked our hats. I'd probably faint if I had a black widow in my hat that's been there all day/night. Male or not...

female BW are bigger

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I love svtp- it assures me i'm not the only bitch when it comes to spiders. I had a HUGE one crawling across my floor the other day, so I tried smashing it with a book. It basically rebounded from that with a "what the hell are you trying to do" look, and ran under the couch. I ripped the place apart looking for it but so far hes hiding better than I can seek.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
I love svtp- it assures me i'm not the only bitch when it comes to spiders. I had a HUGE one crawling across my floor the other day, so I tried smashing it with a book. It basically rebounded from that with a "what the hell are you trying to do" look, and ran under the couch. I ripped the place apart looking for it but so far hes hiding better than I can seek.

**** that the only way to solve it is burn the house down

birch

Go 'Eers!
Established Member
female BW are bigger

Thanks for the clarification. (didn't feel like googling lol)

The body was about the size of a nickel. A huge bish...

(edit..oh hey, 500th post...in five years. Maybe I should change my handle to "troll")

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
OP, I used to see those spiders all the time when I lived on a lake. They're like wolf spiders or a species of them and damn do they get huge by the water! If you wanted to see a big spider all you had to do is walk over to the bushes lining the driveway where they all made their webs in a big line. They were nice to have around cause there were naturally a lot of moths and mosquitos, but once they got into the house it was like a nightmare. There were some that had a leg span the size of the palm of your hand I swear!

Users who are viewing this thread