Check Out my Pumpkin

blue 07

Established Member
I have a very talented friend of mine carve me out a Shelby pumpkin this past week and was amazed at the results ! It was just an idea I gave her 3-4 months ago knowing she carved pumpkins in the past but said had never done one of these before. My order is in for next year already !!
img_7914-1-jpg.1725294

IMG_79112.jpg

ToddW702

Established Member
That’s pretty sick. Best jock-o-lantern I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is really neat! I've seen similar in years past, but that's right up there with the best "Cobra" pumpkins. (y)

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Saw the pre-lit picture and thought, “meh, looks okay”

Looks pretty darn cool lit up in the dark.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Awesome work. Will it make it to Halloween? Here in Florida, you are lucky to get 2 days out of them once carved.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

How to Keep Pumpkins From Rotting​

To keep your pumpkins looking brand-new throughout October, just fill a large tub with 10 parts water and 1 part vinegar. Let the gourds soak for 20-30 minutes in the bath, then pull them out and let them air-dry. Voila! You’ve got some pretty pumpkins that definitely won’t show their age.

Why does this work? The vinegar kills fungus, making it hard for the pumpkin to rot. That’s why vinegar-soaked pumpkins look so new; they’re unblemished by the grossness that inevitably befalls their untreated peers. And best of all, this method is safe for wildlife, too, so if a squirrel or bird thinks your pumpkin is a tasty snack, they can chow down.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

How to Keep Pumpkins From Rotting​

To keep your pumpkins looking brand-new throughout October, just fill a large tub with 10 parts water and 1 part vinegar. Let the gourds soak for 20-30 minutes in the bath, then pull them out and let them air-dry. Voila! You’ve got some pretty pumpkins that definitely won’t show their age.

Why does this work? The vinegar kills fungus, making it hard for the pumpkin to rot. That’s why vinegar-soaked pumpkins look so new; they’re unblemished by the grossness that inevitably befalls their untreated peers. And best of all, this method is safe for wildlife, too, so if a squirrel or bird thinks your pumpkin is a tasty snack, they can chow down.

That doesn't work here once carved as they mold from the inside out. We are a crazy carving family and have done them each year for the last 10.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How about this one then.

Soak It in a Bleach Solution (The Winner!)​

A dunk in bleach is an easy and effective way to keep your carved pumpkins from molding for up to seven days. The sodium hypochlorite kills microorganisms that make pumpkins rot and dries out the pumpkin.

You'll need:

• Bleach
  • Water
  • A bucket or container large enough for your pumpkin to fit inside (if you don't have something around the house, try these from Amazon or Walmart)
  • Your carved pumpkin
The steps for making the solution are super simple:

1. After you have carved your pumpkin, rinse it out with water to get rid of excess strings and gunk.
  2. Take a large bucket or tub and fill it with three gallons of water.
  3. Stir three teaspoons of bleach into the water.
  4. Dunk in the pumpkin. Be sure to hold it down as it will try to float. The entire pumpkin should sit in the solution for two minutes. You might want to wear gloves, too.
  5. Remove from the solution and let the pumpkin air dry.

You can find more information at Clorox's website. It's also interesting to note that over at My Science Project, a bleach-treated jack-o'-lantern lasted for up to ten days with only minimal decay.

Users who are viewing this thread