Check Engine light :(

96mystic

Wannabe postslut
Established Member
I just recently... actually yesterday.. had my steeda timing adjuster and ud pulleys put on my car...after about 40 miles of driving the check engine light comes on... could this be a big issue?.. what should i do?.. or is this common sometimes?

Thanks

:shrug:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
If you aren,t getting any detonation/pinging, then the TA is set fine. It may be that the OR pipe tripped the light with the extra timing. I'd add the MIL eliminators and reset the computer. That should fix the bug, unless it is a secondary air injection code or something like that. Try the MIL elims first though. Around $60 is a normal price.

Also, Have you changed the oil to the proper 5W30 weight yet?

Last edited:

96mystic

Wannabe postslut
Established Member

no im still using 4w30.. i plan on changing the oil to 5w30 asap.. do you think that could possibly fix it? thanks again

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
You mean 10W40 is what you have in there now? If the oil has too many miles on it, the car could be poluting a little more than it normally would. Couple that and the OR intermediate pipe and the rear O2's are definitely getting a readind they don't like.

You could get the code scanned, but I'd be willing to bet if you add the MIL Elims and change the oil to the proper 5W30 then reset the ECU it should clear up.:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread