check engine light, no heat

chael33

Established Member
I've searched this forum for heater problems but none seem to be mine exact. My check engine light is on and when I took it to get it diagnosed it said it might be the o2 sensor or heat sensor. It's now what we Texans call cold and my heater isn't working correctly. I'll turn it on after my engine heats up and it'll blow hot air, but then my oil temp gauge rises and the hot air turns into cold air....any suggestions? I don't know much about engines but i'm interested to learn...so anything will help.

Thanks!!! ;-)

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
The symptoms sound odd, is the coolant up to level?

Do you have the code that is throwing, I should be able to find out exactly what it is if you do.

Make sure the coolant is full, you may need a thermostat and or coolant temp sensor and if your coolant is low you may have a leaky thermostat housing.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
That's for the upstream o2 sensor, it's about a $36.00 part from us but it shouldn't have anything to do with your heat issues.

Have you had a chance to check the coolant level yet?

chael33

Established Member
I checked the coolant level and it was lower than low....filled it up....cant' check it to see if that made it better til tomorrow. SO i'll check back tomorrow. thanks for your help!!!

chael33

Established Member
Everything seems to be working fine now. The oil temp gauge isn't shooting to the top and the heater is blowing hot air now :) The check engine light is still on but you already said it's probably the upstream o2 sensor. I'll have to get that some other time. Thanks again for your help!!

VenomRogue

Focus > Mustang
Established Member
keep an eye out for any coolant leaks you might have, since the level was very low, something caused that.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Glad to hear you have heat again, As Venom said you should keep an eye out for coolant leaks because there's no other way to end up with low coolant.

chael33

Established Member
Thanks, got it all taken care of. Still a leak, but it's an easy fix!

Users who are viewing this thread