Check Engine Light after Return Fuel System Install

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
recently installed a lethal performance return fuel system. we used the lethal performance wiring harness. We have it wired to turn both pumps on with key on. The car runs good and fuel pressure is good . I am getting a check engine light with codes P0234 ( Eng Ovr Boot Con) and P1233 (FPDM Disabled/Offline). car runs and drives fine. i can reset the light and it stays off until the next time i start the car then it comes back. anyone have any ideas?

hotcobra03

Established Member
Reading pinpoint test KJ

Po234. Mentioned iat2 Temps

Than Mentioned low speed fuel relay

Than po1233 tests

Do you have access to Fords pc/ed manual.
This section of manual isn't easy to find online

Or site link for full manual for pc has it.

This will explain codes and give tests to repair,

It will tell what signal was needed to set code, which really helps

Here you may find what changes you did may be the cause but also how to get code to stop

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
You need a tune with the code for the FPDM turned off since it's not there anymore. As for the over boost, I'm assuming you're not running a stock blower so you can probably have that turned off too.

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
You need a tune with the code for the FPDM turned off since it's not there anymore. As for the over boost, I'm assuming you're not running a stock blower so you can probably have that turned off too.

okay. i’m going for a tune tuesday so we will see if that gets rid of both codes. i was thinking that it could just be the tune since the car is running and driving fine. i am running a kenne bell 2.6. i never had the over boost fault before the return fuel system though.

Users who are viewing this thread