Cheap printer ink

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Ive used Jarbo from amazon a couple times and its been fine, has an elephant on the box.

Costco will also refill your existing cartridges

gaspasr

Established Member
^probably not since the included cartridge w new printers tend to have much less volume than replacements

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For what the average office/person spends on ink or toner in a year, I learned years ago that it isn't worth losing sleep over when trying to save a few dollars. I tried a non-HP laser cartridge a couple of years ago and the color was off compared to the HP cartridge, and I didn't get as many pages per cartridge as I did with the genuine HPs. So now I only buy OEM laser cartridges for our HP color laser and our two HP black lasers.

For those of you who might be using an HP color laser (mine is a LaserJet Pro 400 color), or maybe any color laser printer, I learned that when the printer tells you the toner cartridge is low and needs replacing, ignore the warning and continue to use it until the color actually starts fading. I get an average of 2-3 months extra out of our cartridgea by using them until they are depleted to the point of faded print. You'd be surprised at how many people heed the "warnings" and toss away perfectly good cartridges with toner life remaining.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I've got a good old canon photo printer, has 6 individual cartridges for each color (2 cyan, 2 magenta, yellow, black)
You pop a little cap on the top of each cartridge (no drilling or any of that crazy business) and simply fill up the little clear tank until it's full, using a syringe makes it easy/less of a mess. Now I just buy the ink in bulk bottles that last years.

Blown 89

Established Member
Must be off brand. Our brother laser is $59 a cartridge and with 4 of them it is $120 if all 4 need changing. Which is why I fill my own.
I buy off brand cartridges off Amazon from battery1inc and haven't had any problems.

I ditched HP printers years ago. Brother is much better and the ink is cheaper.
That's the truth. I have brothers at work and bought an HP for homme because it has a smaller footprint. Big mistake. That HP is a constant source of frustration

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
HP machines used to be great, not so much anymore. We have several of the same laser machine in our office and theyre all having the same parts failure resulting in smudges down one side of the page. The part is over half the cost of a new printer so in the scrap heap they go. We've been buying Brother as well

Users who are viewing this thread