Cheap fun date ideas?

punchit

Established Member
Wellllll I have a problem. Im supposed to be going on a date tonight but i just checked my bank account. Looking for some ideas that will impress this girl on the first date without spending too much. I have a streetbike but its pretty hot here in az even in the evening so riding would have to be limited. Thanks svtp im sure this will help others as well!

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Back in April I took my girlfriend to pick strawberries. We have a free zoo in town that we go to sometimes that is inside of one of the parks so we usually take a picnic lunch too. Sometimes we go to one of the local coffee shop/bars to sit and talk. I haven't taken her to the indoor shooting range yet but I might pretty soon. And probably the thing that I do the most is cook dinner for her, find a movie that she'll like, and just stay at home.

:shrug: Good luck.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
You should go give blood together. You'll get like $30 each and then you can both chip in on a remote controlled swedish tickler.

Last edited:

punchit

Established Member
haha at post about me^^^^^ and bowling is pretty expensiver here probably around 35 for both for 2 games. Thanks for the input guys keep them coming im sure other people are getting ideas too.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Any indoor putt putt places? It gets the competative juices flowing. Places around here usually have putt putt, go carts, video games, batting cages, etc.

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Me and the GF went to the driving range and then to a little ice cream place the other night.... cost about $15 and it was a lot of fun.

Mini golf could be considered as well, not sure how expensive that is where you're at.

canibus

Established Member
not trying to rain on your parade but chicks know when you're being cheap. I vote for taking her out when you can afford it

SNCBOOM

Established Member
not trying to rain on your parade but chicks know when you're being cheap. I vote for taking her out when you can afford it

Maybe if you're hanging out with the kind of girl that cares. Mine loves to go out and spend money like the rest of them but she enjoys the cheap "thoughtful" ones probably even more. She puts up with me so that's really all that matters to me anyway.

----------------
Now playing: Santana - Europa
via FoxyTunes

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
haha at post about me^^^^^ and bowling is pretty expensiver here probably around 35 for both for 2 games. Thanks for the input guys keep them coming im sure other people are getting ideas too.

If $35 is too much for you to spend on date then perhaps you should not be dating.
Even more so; maybe you should think about selling the bike.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member

Money shouldn't have anything to do with "date quality."

If you were to either pack a picnic basket full for $10, or take her to eat for $40, I'd bet she would rather take the first option, or at least "enjoy" them both equally. It's all about how much thought you put into it, not money (Assuming she's not a gold digger, in which case - drop that immediately).

fiveohhhstang

Established Member

Eh, she might not care. :shrug:

I would rather go on a walk and talk or just watch a movie than be taken on an expensive date. I would say ice cream and a walk or something like that.

Dates are supposed to be about getting to know someone or just spending time together. They aren't about how much money you can drop.

ImMACHnU03

I race in Heels!
Established Member
I say putt putt and ice cream. Or maybe the batting cages. Go carts would be fun too. And if she feels like it and the first part of the date goes good then ask her to come to your house and watch a movie or something. She might be nervous so making it casual will ease any tension. I love doing small things with my bf. Going for walks...hiking...driving...renting movies...cooking out...walking around downtown...A lot of times money is tight and little sweet gestures go a long way.

Users who are viewing this thread