CHE K-Member Brace Install?

djdonte

Established Member
Hey guys this is my first post! 2012 Boss 302 here... Thought I'd post in here instead of the Boss category as this one sees more traffic and its the same chassis. My past cars were two GTOs and a LS2 C6, so this is my first ford. This is a great car but ford really missed the mark on the tranny and shifter. In any case I was going to install the aforementioned brace but I hit a snag. According to the directions Ford changed the stock k member brace mounting design from a bolt to a stud. The instructions say to cut it out, but I was hoping I could beat it out like a lug nut out of a spindle. It just looks pressed in there, with a flat back on the other side.

My concern is that the car is still under warranty and I want to beat on the tranny a bit more before I tune it and effectively kill my chances for a drivetrain warranty claim. I want to be able to go back to stock at least for the time being. Should I just wait to install it, or have any of you guys done the install without cutting/drilling at the studs? TIA!

Users who are viewing this thread