Chattering coming from clutch/driveline

DamageInc

Banned
I just got a FMS heavy duty aluminum driveshaft put on my 01 cobra, the shop that did it put my slip yoke on the shaft to make it fit the 99-01 cobra driveline. Now while accelerating and driving at all speeds I have a chattering sound coming from the area right under the shifter, clutch i would guess. The sound goes away completely if I push the clutch in while driving at speed, and with the clutch in at speed i can rev the engine and there is no noise such as exhaust or other. Any idea what is causing this and is there a correlation between having just added the aluminum driveshaft?
Driveline is stock except for the shaft and 3.73's, transmission has been out of car by dealer for clutch release fork and throwout bearing replacement at around 1000 miles.

Thanks in advance for any educated replies.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
hey bro
it just might be normal. do you have a short shifter (steeda triax, pro 5.0, etc.)? in my 01 cobra i hear my transmission going while driving. it normal to me because once i installed my short shifter, it took away the sound dampener. i wouldnt worry, but maybe take it back to the shop to have them look at it, and explain it too you, or take it too a professional svt technician. thats my $0.02. hope it helped a little bit.

-marek

Users who are viewing this thread