Chasing a ghost

zdl

Established Member
I cannot figure out what the issue is. I have tried everything. Checked and swapped the injectors. Put a new O2 in. Any ideas?

zdl

Established Member
My tuner says I have an air leak, but it was a little rough on the dlow rev. I just put a ported trinity on

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
My tuner says I have an air leak, but it was a little rough on the dlow rev. I just put a ported trinity on
Gotcha, ok did you install new gaskets? What year GT500 do you have? Can you maybe give a quick run down of your mods and who's your tuner? It might be a good idea replacing the gasket between the supercharger and the intake manifold, VMP sells a nice one.

zdl

Established Member
I have an 11 gt500 I did a trinity swap. I didn't replace the gasket. My car only has 20k mi on it. Bj is my tuner. He's pretty convinced that it's an air leak or connection issue. He said it was the blower gasket other numbers would be off it's just specifically short term fuel trim bank 1.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Did you scan the car for any DTC Faults? Perform OBD2 Drive cycle test and OBD2 mode 6 Test? Did you consider vacuum leak smoke test to rule out any possible air leaks?

Last edited:

zdl

Established Member
Did you scan the car for any DTC Faults? Perform OBD2 Drive cycle test and OBD2 mode 6 Test? Did you consider vacuum leak smoke test to rule out any possible air leaks?
No I haven't done that. Can I do that with my sct? I do not have any lites on.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I have an 11 gt500 I did a trinity swap. I didn't replace the gasket. My car only has 20k mi on it. Bj is my tuner. He's pretty convinced that it's an air leak or connection issue. He said it was the blower gasket other numbers would be off it's just specifically short term fuel trim bank 1.
Do you have a OFR X-pipe or H-pipe? You said you replaced a AF sensor, I'm assuming you replaced the one that's on the passenger side before the cat, and obviously the 11+ GT500 have wideband sensors so they're pretty damn expensive. Bank 1 is the passenger side if I remember correctly.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes I do have offroad H and they are not the cheapest.
Ok, so bank 1 (passenger side) has the 02 sensor that actually goes into the OFR H-pipe. I'd double check and make sure the exhaust connection between the manifold and the OFR H-pipe is good and there's no leaks, you can add some copper rtv around the exhaust joint that goes to the manifold to make sure the connection is solid.

I know problems like these can be a nightmare. And BJ is very thorough with his tunes.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
I have seen two major brand name OR-X / H mid-pipes that had flange adapter inserts (reducers) for mating to OEM manifolds. Check to make sure it is not missing on the passenger side, if yours is supposed to have them.

Exhaust manifold flange adapter.jpg

Edit: added picture

Last edited:

zdl

Established Member
I have seen two major brand name OR-X / H mid-pipes that had flange adapter inserts (reducers) for mating to OEM manifolds. Check to make sure it is not missing on the passenger side, if yours is supposed to have them.
Its bolted up solid and cannot hear anything in terms of a leak

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Its bolted up solid and cannot hear anything in terms of a leak
Definitely a odd one, does the car run ok? Or is it acting up? The last thing I would say to check is the EGR gasket and pipe that goes to the manifold from the EGR

zdl

Established Member
I did find this however when I pulled the plugs 2,3 seem to be not firing properly.

Attachments

• 20220512_132551.jpg
    20220512_132551.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 61

Users who are viewing this thread