Charlie Turner's '93 Cobra

badvalveseals

turner-599.html

Just wondering what happened to Dr. Turner. After the multi-page add in the Du Pont Registry attempting to break the world highway speed record he feel off the map. Remember that Cobra was booking it in the Silver State Challenge around 215 mph all out.

Thanks.

Last edited:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
He died and the car was sold. I don't remember what forum I read that on and I can't remember when he passed away.

badvalveseals

He died and the car was sold. I don't remember what forum I read that on and I can't remember when he passed away.

Thanks....I thought so...I read a thread that was a bit vague..so I didn't want spread a rumor about someone's passing.

I also found out a member on here named GR-40 Pat purchased his car. He hasn't posted in a while if I looked that up correctly. Seems it was an inquiry about Charlie's car

GR-40 Pat

Established Member
Been a while since I've been on here and just came across a message from badvalveseals and also found this thread.

I can't comment on his passing other then to say he passed in the early 2000's.

I acquired the car during my time at Griggs Racing, where the car had been rebuilt for the Silver State Classic.

badvalveseals

Thank you GR-40 Pat for responding.

The car was pretty heavily (chassis wise) modified I remember. What power plant and Drivetrain did the car have in when Dr. Turner was running in the Silver State Challenge? Do you remember the top speed he obtained at that event?...Seems like 215 mph or so that I recall. I had the Du Pont at one point with his article to take the Highway Speed record in it. Car had a rather large raked cowl hood for aerodynamic help I figure.

What are your plans/goals with the car GR40 Pat? Pretty neat piece of fox body history you have in a less advertised way, counter to the numerous drag foxes out there. Wouldn't mind hearing updates on the Cobra if you are comfortable with that. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread