Charger SRT8 vs Mach 1

OneBadWS6

Established Member
SRT8: Intake, Catback, Predator Tune, 22'' wheels :dancenana: and street tires
Mach 1: 5 Speed, Exhaust, street tires

*Both Had 1 passenger* Mines was 240

Met up with da5deuce for some friendly runs. Cool guy and knows how to drive his Mach, he wanted to see how our cars compared.

It was close in 1st gear like I expected but once I hit 2nd I started my stride. Some runs weren't on video. Each run ended with me ahead by 2 1/2 cars and pulling.

Sorry for the not so good camera work it was my friend first time ever filming lol

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhZa3BN4Gq0"]Charger SRT8 vs Mach 1 - YouTube[/nomedia]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-dEkfDMSE0"]Charger SRT8 vs Mach 1 (Run 2) - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
By exhaust he means a catback lol and that charger moves out. Cant wait to get modded. It will be a better chance for me to win. Either way good runs and cool dude for sure:beer:

Uugghh I spent the tires bad in 2nd both times and chirping 3rd either way no excuses I lost. Just gotta get faster. 4.10s, upr o/r x, intake spacer, jlt cai, tune HERE I COME!!!:D

Sent from compton while avoiding prostitutes, drive by's, and jehovahs witness' while using a android phone

Last edited:

OneBadWS6

Established Member
By exhaust he means a catback lol and that charger moves out. Cant wait to get modded. It will be a better chance for me to win. Either way good runs and cool dude for sure:beer:

Uugghh I spent the tires bad in 2nd both times and chirping 3rd either way no excuses I lost. Just gotta get faster. 4.10s, upr o/r x, intake spacer, jlt cai, tune HERE I COME!!!:D

Sent from compton while avoiding prostitutes, drive by's, and jehovahs witness' while using a android phone

I heard you spin, I spun for a good 1-2 seconds I almost wanted to just let out and stop because I was getting sideways. We will have to run again when you get your mods.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
This wasn't unexpected to me... The Mach's ability to stay close requires traction early on. Any spinning would hurt the Machs chances of keeping it close down low.

FWIW this is how my buddys 06 Charger SRT8 ran with a CAI, Predator (since OP won't post a timeslip or doesn't have one this may help put things in perspective).
SRT8 on the right (#0377) my slow junk on the left.
Z28vsSRT8.jpg

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
What did you guys run to? Seemed like a short run.

Well like he said most of the runs he didnt get on video
but as I remember most of the runs I finished at nearly the top of 3rd beginning of the 4th. It wasnt 1320 material but almost.

This wasn't unexpected to me... The Mach's ability to stay close requires traction early on. Any spinning would hurt the Machs chances of keeping it close down low.

FWIW this is how my buddys 06 Charger SRT8 ran with a CAI, Predator (since OP won't post a timeslip or doesn't have one this may help put things in perspective).
SRT8 on the right (#0377) my slow junk on the left.
Z28vsSRT8.jpg

Yup as of now still on street tires. If dr's would have been on I think I would have stayed closer longer but still lost. I thought I was the only one who got a little sideways in 2nd lol but guess not.

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
This will get you guys going. I have beat several stock and catback Terminators with my 07 Charger SRT8 that I had. It only had a tune, CAI and catback at the time.

Let the fun begin.............................

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
This will get you guys going. I have beat several stock and catback Terminators with my 07 Charger SRT8 that I had. It only had a tune, CAI and catback at the time.

Not that hard to believe

Huff035

Established Member

You found "several" stock or catback only terminators? Holy crap. lol.

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
You found "several" stock or catback only terminators? Holy crap. lol.

LOL, yeah it was about 4 years ago. They definately were not modded because if they were....well we know the outcome would have been drastically different. The Terminator would have had SRT8 soup for lunch. One of em was my friends. He had a catback and thats it. I actually almost bought the car from him a few years ago but didnt do it. I was getting 12.6 @ 111 on a 2.0 60ft with my SRT8 at the time I ran the Terminators. Ive been half tempted to get one for a while now but its hard to find them in non beat to hell condition. Either they are beat to crap and cheap or damn good and EXPENSIVE around where im at.

Last edited:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
LOL, yeah it was about 4 years ago. They definately were not modded because if they were....well we know the outcome would have been drastically different. The Terminator would have had SRT8 soup for lunch. One of em was my friends. He had a catback and thats it. I actually almost bought the car from him a few years ago but didnt do it. I was getting 12.6 @ 111 on a 2.0 60ft with my SRT8 at the time I ran the Terminators. Ive been half tempted to get one for a while now but its hard to find them in non beat to hell condition. Either they are beat to crap and cheap or damn good and EXPENSIVE around where im at.

Yea because a stock or just catback terminator in 2012 is like a big booty white girl RARE!!!!! Lol

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Not that hard to believe

+1... Considering most people struggled to see 12s out of them.. add in heat soak and you could probably do pretty well with a stock SRT8 against one unless you found a talented driver.

* Yes I'm aware a terminator is a 12 second car (a mid 12 second car with a great driver/great air).. it's just a tricky car to pilot (from what I've seen online results and in person).

My buddies SRT8 on the other hand will reproduce damn near perfect times over and over and over again with no real effort. My first pass down the track was only a tenth slower in the SRT8 than the owners and I had no idea what I was doing.

Users who are viewing this thread