Changing the pulley- pics & notes.

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
#03FCPT
This is what it shows under the name of the product when you go to add to cart. It might be the part number.

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
Got my Gatorback belt from so. coast florida pulley for $40 plus shipping along with two larger idler pulleys to decrease slipping. My mechanic charged $30 to install my 2.8 pulley so i did not see the point to buy a pulley tool. I do not pan to take off my pulley and try to claim it was not on for service work. The issue of denying warranty claims due to aftermarket parts is very complex. The auto manufacturer has to prove the part caused the damage. You can fight through non-binding arbitration and sue, but it is a hassle. Still in small claims court I think you have a good shot unless the facts clearly support denial of the warranty claim. Yes, I am a trial lawyer.

trey193

Established Member
I am looking ay my Gatorback belt sheet that came with my interchangeable JDM pulleys and they list the part numbers like this 2.80 is 4080735 and a 2.93 is 4080740, this is a Gatorback belt sheet and conflicts with some of the part numbers mentioned earlier in this post !!! Whats the right part number??????????

cobragb

Ford/Mustang Nut
Established Member
Originally posted by trey193
I am looking ay my Gatorback belt sheet that came with my interchangeable JDM pulleys and they list the part numbers like this 2.80 is 4080735 and a 2.93 is 4080740, this is a Gatorback belt sheet and conflicts with some of the part numbers mentioned earlier in this post !!! Whats the right part number??????????

Yes, these will work. They will be very tight! But they will work. The numbers you are reffering to is only a half inch larger.

4080 (8 rib belt) 735 (73.5 inches)

Of course if you add an idler pulley, then you have to add some length.

2003 Cobra

Established Member
This was a great writeup and the current Pulley Boys puller works like a charm. No modifications to the Pulley Boys puller was necessary. My neighbor also used my Pulley boys puller and it looks like it is still brand new. The heavy duty plates on the puller will not bend like the poorly made ASP puller. ASP is a lousy puller. The Pulley Boys puller is the same price as the ASP puller. link: www.pulleyboys.com

2003 Cobra

Established Member
Well tonight we did another pulley change on my neighbor's 03 Cobra. This is his third change and again the Pulley Boys puller worked like a charm. My neighbor's original ASP pulley and puller are now sitting in his garage. The ASP puller has a bow in it like a smiley face and the main rod has heavily worn threads; in addition, the ASP pulley has sharp teeth which don't feel healthy in maintaing long belt life. The Pulley Boys pulley threads feel rolled like the factory pulley.
ASP=A Shitty Product

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
Damage to Stock Pulley?

Did removal of the stock pulley damage it? In other words, could you put it back on so that Ford wouldn't notice?:bash:

Thanks for the great info. I'm going to do the 2.93 myself and you're instructions are awesome.:beer:

AllVenomous

Originally posted by sn8kbite
I can get the goodyear gatorback belts for anyone who needs one.
Cost is 50.00 plus 5 dollars shipping in the U.S.
The 2.93 inch pulley requires part # 4080745
The 2.80 inch pulley requires part # 4080740

I don't mean to sound confused, but which is the correct part number for the 2.93? PulleyBoys.com is offering them for 34.95 + 5 for shipping, however they list the parts like this:
2.80 part#4080735
2.93 part#4080740

I just want to get the right one. The current belt chirps like a bird or grasshopper under the hood.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread