Changing the pulley- pics & notes.

vcmoore

Established Member
Originally posted by n0xlf

Where did you get your 2.93 pulley from? Seems like press fit ones are hard to find..UPR has one for $119 I think, but they seem to be about the only place..

$90 from JDM.

3rdstang

Established Member
BUMP
Could a mod put this on the HOW TO section as someone already stated? It is an awesome write up.

sn8kbite

Established Member
I can get the goodyear gatorback belts for anyone who needs one.
Cost is 50.00 plus 5 dollars shipping in the U.S.
The 2.93 inch pulley requires part # 4080745
The 2.80 inch pulley requires part # 4080740

The reason they both take a different belt is to prevent slippage at high RPM high boost levels.

Email me at [email protected] if you need a Gatorback Belt.

sn8kbite

Established Member
I suggest you stock up then. JDM wants 65.00 and another outfit wanted over 90.00 for the the belt alone.They offered NAPA belts as an alternate for less money.
Problem is no one can get their hands on the Goodyear Gatorbacks so its a simple matter of supply and demand.
I have um and most stores dont or they want to much money.

CWCobra

Established Member
Great write up! Would it be possible to get a pic of the stock pulley, from the front, after you removed it? I am curious as to what it looks like. Is there some sort of "tamper-proof" seal on it?
Just curious...anybody got one?

Thanks,
CW

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Originally posted by CWCobra
Great write up! Would it be possible to get a pic of the stock pulley, from the front, after you removed it? I am curious as to what it looks like. Is there some sort of "tamper-proof" seal on it?
Just curious...anybody got one?

Thanks,
CW

There is no tamperproof seal, and if done correctly there is no evidence of it being removed. The inside of the pulley looks just like the 2.93 I put on. The stock pulley I removed has NO marks what so ever after I pulled it with the pulleyboys.com puller.

:beer:

StreetSnake

Established Member
Z06 nice article man these are the kind of posts that make these forums such a great place to share ideas and problems :beer:

boostm3

Established Member
This writeup is for the upper pulley, right? In looking at pulley upgrades, I think Ive seen both the upper pulley, and the lower pulley being offered, correct? Sometimes, I think I see the lower pully referred to as a 4 lb pulley, or a 6 lb pulley, and most of the upper pulleys are referred to by size, like 2.8 pulley, or 2.93 pulley, etc.

Of all these pulley upgrades, if you were looking to just do the pulley, and I guess a chip to support it, which would be the pulley you would do? Hypothetically, this might be the first upgrade on a stock '03 Cobra, in case that influences the answer. thanks.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Get the pulleyboys puller. It works great and was designed just for the '03 Cobra.
Brian did an excellent job on it!!!:beer:
Makes the job very easy.

Dana

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
Awesome write up!
I was wondering if the dealership will waranty the car if the car has a smaller upper puley.
If not, would it be possible to swap the smaller pulley and replace the stock one when the car needs any work done at the dealer.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
The dealer can void your warrenty if you have a smaller pulley. And yes you can swap the stock one back on if you need to take your car in.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
As of right now, the pics in this thread are kaput. Any way to get them back online? Hope it's just a temporary problem on the other end...

Users who are viewing this thread